Chapter 11

Tommy walked back into his room and shut the door behind him. He had just gotten out of a very tense and stressful supper. He couldn't wait to finally go to bed.

Shroud meowed as he saw Tommy. The cat rolled onto his back and purred as he got scratched.

"Hey, Shroud." Tommy said, scratching his belly. "Are you good?"

Shroud meowed and purred some more. Tommy giggled when he did that. He couldn't wait to show Toby Shroud. He figured that Toby would really like him and even care for him. Since Toby did have a cat before, Tommy figured he might like another little furry friend.

"I'll take you to Toby's House tomorrow." Tommy said, kneeling down on the carpet and laying his head down on his arm. "He'll take care of you more than I can."

Tommy wiggled his fingers and Shroud started to attack them. He tried really hard to not burst out laughing when the cat's eyes became almost entirely black. Shroud whacked his finger and snuggled into the blanket, ready to pounce at even the slightest wiggle.

Tommy placed his hand over his mouth to prevent him from laughing too hard. It was so funny to watch Shroud do that.

A knock soon came from his door, scaring the boy. Tommy quickly stopped what he was doing and threw a blanket over Shroud, moving so you couldn't see him at first.

The door opened and Phil's head popped in. "Hey, Tommy."

"Hey dad..." Tommy said, praying that Shroud wouldn't meow.

"Is something wrong?" His father asked while walking into the room.

"Nothing!" Tommy quickly said, he cleared his throat right after. "There's nothing wrong, I'm just tired from the meal. But it was good."

"I know." Phil said, crossing his arms and leaning against the door. "That was very tense, but I hope this argument won't go on for too long."

Tommy saw that his dad looked sad. It was hard for him to take care of three boys without their mother. She used to help him with everything, and now he had to do it all on his own. Tommy couldn't imagine what that was like. He had already lost his mother. He didn't know what it was like to loose the love of your life, and your best friend.

"It won't." Tommy said, looking over his shoulder to make sure that Shroud was still there. "I'm sure Wilbur can't be mad at me for that long."

Phil smiled and shook his head. "You really think he'll be good with you in a couple hours?"

"Yeah, I'm sure." Tommy said, placing his hand over Shroud's head, not heavily, just so he didn't move it up and get caught. "We are brothers after all, and he can't hate me forever."

Phil smiled wider and turned around to walk out of the room. "Alright then, I trust you. Good night, mate."

"Night, dad." Tommy said as he watched his father shut the door behind him.

After Phil had shut the door, Shroud meowed, and loudly. Tommy removed the blanket and saw that the cat looked confused and a little angry with him.

"Sorry, buddy." Tommy said, fixing up the blanket. "I couldn't let dad catch you."

Shroud meowed again.

Tommy giggled and went to shut the lights off. He got undressed and put on his pajamas, all while arguing with the cat, in a joking way.

"Come on," Tommy said, acting like he was about to cry. ", I'm trying my hardest for you to not be caught, and yet you're not helping. You act as if I'm no good for you."

Shroud meowed in response.

"You don't know what I'm trying to do for this family!" Tommy said, trying to hold back his laughter.

The cat rubbed up against his hand and then fell onto his back. He looked up at Tommy, wanting the boy to scratch his belly. Tommy giggled and gave in. He scratched Shroud's belly and crawled into bed.

The golden haired boy laid down in his bed and let Shroud sit on top of his chest. The cat purred as he pulled out his phone to look at.

There was a couple messages from Ranboo.

—-

Ranboo: Hey Tommy! I was wondering if you want to come down to my house tomorrow
You don't have to but me and Purpled were gonna play Minecraft

Tommy: Hey I'll be busy tomorrow for a little while but if I have time I'll come

Ranboo: Alright
See you tomorrow maybe

Tommy: See you

—-

Tommy placed his phone back into it's charging cable and laid back down. He scratched Shroud's head and smiled. It felt so nice to be laying there with only the sound of Shroud purring. Hopefully, no one could hear it.

He felt his eyes get heavy and he slowly shut them. Tommy thought about Toby and everything he wanted to learn.

Maybe he could even see...no it's not possible. His mother can't come back. She's already gone...