Chapter 1

Tommy flew down the stairs, almost knocking over his older brother, Techno.

"Tommy!" His dad, Phil, yelled from the living room. He was sitting on the couch and reading a book. "You gotta be more careful, mate. You almost knocked Techno over."

"I am." Tommy said as he threw on his jacket.

Moments before, Tommy's friends asked him if he could meet them down by the old bridge and walk around town with them. Him and his friends went on a lot of walks. They would often dare him to do dangerous things, which happened in him ending up in a cast, which he had on now.

The cast was on his right arm. Tommy got it from his friends daring him to go up a very tall tree. Once he got to the top, the branch broke beneath him and sent him to the ground. The many branches below caught his fall and only broke his arm. It would've ended much worse if those branches weren't there.
Now the sixteenth year old has to deal with the cast everywhere.

Tommy started to run out the door, but Wilbur grabbing his arm kept him from going any farther.

"Wilbur, let go." Tommy said, trying to pry Wilbur's hand off his arm.

"Where are you going?" Wilbur asked, his voice sounded like a parent trying to know about their kid's privacy.

"No where. Now let go." Tommy tried to slip out, but his older brother's grip got tighter. "Wilbur!"

"Just answer the question." Wilbur sighed with annoyance.

Tommy stopped fighting and rolled his eyes. "I'm going with my friends to the old bridge. There, you happy?"

"Tommy, last time you went to hang out with your friends you ended up with that cast." Wilbur used his other hand to point at the cast on his arm. "You should really start thinking before you hang out with them."

"Dude, they care for me a lot. It's not my fault I'm a daredevil." Tommy smirked. He always got amused whenever his family got annoyed with him.

"You should really stop doing those stupid things. You are gonna regret it one day." Wilbur let go of his brother's arm and watched as he rubbed it.

"You'll see." Tommy opened the door and ran out.

Wilbur sighed as he watched his young brother run down the street and in the direction of the old wooden bridge. That boy was always getting himself hurt whenever he hung out with them. Tommy would often come home with scratches or bruises on his legs, arms, or face. That boy was never gonna learn.

"Let him go." Techno's voice came from above.

Wilbur looked up and the saw his older twin brother looking down at him from the railing.

"You were sure help." Wilbur sarcastically said.

"He's not gonna listen to you no matter what you say." Techno told him. "He'll learn his lesson one day."

"And when will that be?" Wilbur folded his arms and raised an eyebrow.

"When he finally does something that's too stupid to not regret." Techno smirked and walked down the stairs.

Wilbur watched as Techno plumped down on the other side of the couch. Techno pulled out his phone and started to play games on it. Wilbur hated how little Techno cared for Tommy. But hopefully Tommy would learn his lesson one day.

One day...

—-

The wind rushing on his face always felt so freeing to Tommy. It made him feel like he could do anything he wanted. It was freedom.

The boy ran so fast that he could only hear his heart beat. It beat so fast and loud that it was the only thing in his mind at that moment.

But he still had to go see his friends.

Tommy still had to go prove to him how strong he really is.

Tommy got in sight with the bridge. He could see them all talking and laughing. Nick and Alex were throwing rocks off the bridge and having a good time. The rest were either watching the rocks get tossed or talking to one another.

"Guys!" Tommy yelled and waved his arms. "I'm here!"

"Tommy!" They all called out.

"What did you guys need me for?" Tommy said, stopping at them and catching his breath.

"We are going to the abandoned houses. You in?" Fundy asked. Fundy was a nickname since he thought it was cool.

"Heck yeah!" Tommy said with excitement.

"Great." Clay said. "Let's go."