Chapter 8

It had been a couple hours now. They both learned so much about each other already. Like for an example, Tommy learned that Toby had died in 1961. Toby didn't tell Tommy how he died, and didn't want him to know for some reason.

They had learned about each other's families. Toby had two sisters, one younger and the other older. He was very confused on why Tommy's older brother was named Techno, but learned that Tommy's parents liked Greek mythology.

Tommy had learned that Toby actually had a pet cat that had passed a long time ago. It was sad to learn, but at least he was in a better place now.

Now, they can learn more about each other and possibly get to be very good friends.

—-

Now, the two boys were laid down, on their stomachs, on Toby's floor, Tommy looking at Toby's childhood photos that were all neatly collected into a book.

"And that's when we went to the zoo!" Toby said excitingly, pointing at a picture of him and his two sisters looking up at an elephant.

"You looked so happy." Tommy slightly smiled.

"Can you blame me?" Toby smiled from ear to ear. "It was so cool to see that elephant! It was so huge!"

Tommy looked over at Toby and saw how happy he was. The boy hasn't gotten to talk to anyone in a very long time. He was probably so excited to finally talk about his life to someone.

"I mean, you were having fun." Tommy said as he looked back at the old picture. "And you look so young as well."

Toby sat up and crossed his legs. "Yeah, I was only six when that photo was taken."

"You were six?" Tommy asked, surprised since he looked so much younger in the picture. "You look like you were four."

Toby rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah...I was a late bloomer."

Tommy looked back at the picture. He saw how happy Toby looked while pointing up to the elephant and smiling widely at the camera. His younger sister was on the cage trying to the pet the animal. And his older sister was holding her sister's hand, looking like she was trying to pull her off the cage.

Toby looked so happy when he was younger. That smile was so huge and so genuine. You could tell he was having the time of his life looking at that elephant. For some reason, that smile, made Tommy's life a little better.

Tommy flipped the page and his eyes caught sight of two little boys smiling at the camera. The one on the right was obviously Toby, but he didn't know who the second one was.

The other little boy looked to have dirty blonde hair and was making a goofy face at the camera. The pictures were all black and white, so you had to tell from the way their hair looked.

"Who's that?" Tommy said, pointing to the other little boy.

"Oh! That's me and my friend Markus." Toby said happily. "We used to hang out all the time together."

"You guys look like very good friends, maybe even best friends." Tommy said, not even looking up from the picture.

"It was awesome! His mom liked to take us both to the park a lot." Tubbo told Tommy. "Me and Markus would sometimes take our bikes to the park and play there. I miss hanging out with him."

"I bet." Tommy said, flipping the page to look at more pictures. "You guys haven't talked in what? 60 years?"

"Yeah...we haven't." Tommy could tell that Toby's voice saddened.

Tommy tried to think of any other things that they could talk about. I guess being a ghost for 60 years didn't do a lot for his self confidence. Especially that he hasn't seen his family at all.

"Soo...umm...what're you doing in this picture?" Tommy said, pointing at a photo of Toby holding up the bee plush, in front of a Christmas tree

Toby looked at the picture and smiled. "That's when I got my bee plush." He snatched his bee from the bed and showed Tommy. "His name is Benson."

"Hi Benson." Tommy smirked.

The golden haired boy patted the top of Benson's head. The little doll looked so cute and fluffy, even though it was over 60 years old. The bee plush managed to survive all those years and still keep Toby happy.

When Tommy removed his hand, Toby immediately cuddled the little bee closer to his chest and smiled down at the picture below. His smile looked so genuine as he stared down at the smaller him holding up his new toy.

It warmed Tommy's heart to see that the ghost was having a good time looking at the photos with him. It was so nice to be looking at these old black and white photos of Toby.

Something about this moment made Tommy smile.