*TIME SKIP* to next day

I woke up to gentle rays of sunlight on my face. I saw that the curtains had already been opened and sunlight was pouring into the room. The bedroom was tastefully decorated in neutral and pale pastel shades with a King sized four poster bed and matching furniture. A navy blue comforter adorned the otherwise white bed. Two doors located close to each other obviously led to a closet and a bathroom. I heard a shower running in the bathroom, I assume that Granger is showering.

I decided to give myself a tour of the rest of the house and prepare breakfast for me and Granger. I closed and the door of the master bedroom behind me and stared at the living room. There are warm paintings on the walls, scenes of farms and really lovely landscapes. There is a big fireplace in the middle of the room, complete with a cozy little writing or reading nook beside it, and a ton of bookshelves to boot. I look up and I can see straight up over twenty feet to the ceiling, which has huge skylights set into it. Outside the tall glass windows, there's a wraparound balcony, and beyond the balcony, a gorgeous view of the Black Lake, complete with Hagrid's hut and the mountains surrounding the Forbidden forest.

I walked over to the warm study, keenly looking at the warm wood floors and cozily-painted walls, and light and dark wood accents everywhere. The accent wall is painted a dark navy blue and the rest of the walls are painted in a soft off white. The office the hallway along the study has four doors, two on either side. The first one takes me into office which even has an exposed brick wall, and an old-fashioned looking desk with a computer and a couple of tables made of cherry wood. I go back into the hallway and goes into the second room on the left side which takes me into a library.

I get the homely smell of musty old books as soon I step over the threshold and I see a huge library filled with books and shelves, which were surely installed for me and Granger to place our own extensive book collections. There were armchairs, loveseats, tables, and couches strewn around the room by the floor to ceiling windows which brought in a lot of natural light and provided a picturesque view of the Forbidden forest and the mountains. The library possessed almost a masculine aura which was reflected in the darker woods and furniture used in there. The room was painted a warm coffee and could pass off as a man cave or an office. I ran my fingers through the spines of both the old and new titles, neatly arranged alphabetically.

I approached the last room now. I had a feeling that it was a nursery and when I opened the door, I was proven right. The whole theme of the nursery was of an enchanted forest and it truly felt like one too. A large white wooden crib was at the center with matching furniture in the room. The ceiling was like the one in the Great Hall, it reflected the climate outside, now the sun shining bright and the sky the color of forget-me-nots.

The fully equipped kitchen boasted a gleaming center of stainless steel and chrome, but it had been made sure the room retained the warmth an Italian grandmother would be proud of. A heavily cut wooden island held baskets filled with fresh fruit and cloves of garlic, herbs sunk in bottles brimmed with olive oil, dry pastas, and red, ripe tomatoes. The table was thick oak with sturdy, comfortable chairs. An array of wines peeked out from an extensive wrought iron rack. The kitchen was warm, welcoming, and looked like a place where a family would eat, and spend quality time in. I acted fast and a steaming stack of pancakes were now situated on the table with fresh fruit, butter, syrup, coffee and juice. I still had not seen Granger, so I decided to get her. The bedroom door was left open and a bag was carelessly thrown on the couch, ready to face a day of tough weight lifting. I thought that Granger had gone to the library and went to look for her before the food turned cold.

I stepped into the library again and was met with a not so surprising scene. Granger was already dressed in her school robes and had her nose buried in a book already. She was a sight, her corkscrew curls tumbling onto her shoulders. she bit her lip and looked around the library, as if the walls would provide answers for the thousand questions which were undoubtedly swirling through her mind now. Her eyes skid to a rapid stop when she saw me, raising a single eyebrow in question.

"Breakfast.", I said and she nodded, carefully inserting a bookmark in the ancient tome, rose from her seat and followed me to the table.

The dining table was a wood one which could seat 6. we sat down in opposite seats, and silently had our breakfast. I stood up from the table after I finished eating and went to get ready fir the classes, while Granger went back to the Library to continue reading whatever she was reading when I interrupted her to have breakfast. Once a bookworm, always a bookworm.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-