61

Jin Zixun was sprawling on the couch of the apartment while thinking hard about how to take his car back, sell it, and use the money to go to Canada where his mother's family resided; when his phone vibrated. He checked it and saw that the sender was anonymous. The message only said, "Send you something that will help you to get back what was yours."

Hmm…  what was his? Which one? There's so many things that were his, including the car.

Right then his doorbell rang, and he jumped in surprise. He walked to the door to see no one from the peephole,  but when he opened the door, he found a cardboard box with his name on it. He took it inside and put it on the table, pondering whether to open or not. What if it's a bomb? Ah, what the hell. Jin Zixun opened the box to find a strange looking device and a note. He tore open the note and read it. It was a short message, and it said, "Put this device outside of the building where your car was, and wait for the sign."

"You have a very interesting friend there." Xie Lian spoke to Wei Wuxian after they took Stella Lin away.

"Glad you find it entertaining." Wei Wuxian rolled his eyes. Yuwen Xing was on the call with someone, while Jiang Yanli looked at Xie Lian with awe. "Ah, where is my manner, Xie Lian, this is Jiang Yanli, she's Lan Xichen's fiance. Yanli, this is Xie Lian, my… cousin."

"Enchanté, mademoiselle." Xie Lian took Jiang Yanli's hand and kissed it, making her blush.

"Nice to meet you too, Xie Lian."

Yuwen Xing observed them from where she was standing and when she heard that Wei Wuxian was Xie Lian's cousin, her heart beat faster. Was she somehow connected to the Weis? If so, maybe she could tell her about their whereabouts? She had been looking for them for many years ever since that… catastrophe happened. But she should find out more first before asking her about the Weis, after all, Wei was a quite common surname.

Then Wei Wuxian's phone vibrated as they talked. He took it and saw the caller ID and frowned, but he picked it up.

"What's the matter, Xue Qing?"

"The girls that you told me to keep an eye on? One of them just bought an unregistered gun, on top of three kilograms of lye." Xue Qing reported without any preamble, and it was as he suspected. 

"What about the other one?" 

"She rented a car, and drove a lot. Especially to the remote beach. But there's one property she visited a lot. You want me to take a look?"

"Yes please, and watch for the other one too, call me again if anything else happens."

"Will do." Then Xue Qing ended the call.

"Trouble?" Xie Lian asked him. He heard Wei Wuxian's end of the conversation and he could deduct that there was something going on with some girls that he suspected were the ones from the rape cases.

"Yeah, but nothing I can't handle. Are you still going to stay at BingQiu's house?" Wei Wuxian got up to change his clothes. 

"No, last time I bought a penthouse here. You should drop by later."

"I will. Come to the Purgatory tonight, everyone will love to see you."

"That's my intention. So, I'll take my leave first then, we can talk tonight about… you know." Xie Lian winked at Wei Wuxian.

"Fine. But I need an answer."

Xie Lian only chuckled as he said his goodbye to Yuwen Xing and Jiang Yanli.

"Be a good girl, Xianxian, I love you." Xie Lian hugged and kissed Wei Wuxian's temple before he left.

"You are… Xie Lian's cousin?" Yuwen Xing asked Wei Wuxian in the car when they went back to the house.

"Mm, yes, he's family." But Wei Wuxian did not offer more than that. It was too complicated to explain anyway.

Yuwen Xing looked at Wei Wuxian in awe. So, the elusive Xie Lian was actually Wei Wuxian's family. No wonder he came right away the last time she asked for his help. She would not press for more information since she knew how discreet Xie Lian was about his personal life. The fact that he admitted Wei Wuxian as his cousin was a shocking revelation if anyone else found out, so she would keep it a secret. It was a dangerous secret though, but she was glad that Wei Wuxian was under her son's protection. She genuinely was very fond of the young woman and she hoped that her son did not screw this up.

Stella Lin was sobbing in the woman's toilet with rage and shame, mostly from the permanent ban from the store that she bragged about to her friends that she was a VIP there, rather than the internet humiliation of her screwing around. She could ask her father or uncle to take care of the internet, but no one could take care of the permanent ban from that designer store. 

She was still sobbing when someone knocked at the stall she was in. She was in the mood for a fight, so she opened the door to get ready for a throw down, when she saw a voluptuous girl with flaming red hair, a familiar figure in her circle of friends but she did not know her name.

"What? Can't you see this one is occupied?" She looked at the woman's dress. It was the one that she wanted, but sold out at an alarming pace. She couldn't help but want to claw that woman's face in a fit of anger, and it seemed that the woman noticed it too.

"I can help you to take revenge on that whore."

Stella Lin scoffed at the woman's confident tone.

"Right. Are you richer than the Lans? If so, I might want to consider your offer, if not, just scram before I kick your ass." She tried to close the door to the stall but the other woman held it open.

"I may not be richer as the Lans, hell, who in this continent is richer than the Lans? But I have a mean and a grudge deep enough to hatch a perfect plan to get rid of the girl once and for all, but for that, I'll need your help."

It did sound intriguing. 

Stella Lin thought for another minute before she went out of the toilet stall and sat on the couch in front of it. It was a VIP toilet, so no one else was supposed to be there, including Stela Lin. So this woman was at least a VIP too.

"I'm listening."