Chapter Two- Invasion

My capsule was simply a tube that served as a renewing tank. Papa punched in a code on a keypad on the wall beside my capsule and as he finished the last few digits the glass door slid open and a cold mist developed from inside.

“Goodnight my darling Luna.”

“Goodnight Papa,” I smiled as I stepped in and the door slid closed behind me. I could see out and he could see in but soon the mist got in my way and he was blurred from my vision.

I didn’t sleep right away, even after the night injections pricked me in the legs, making my lower half numb so I couldn’t feel the fact that I would be sleeping standing up. My arms dangled at my sides and my eyelids closed but my mind wandered.

I heard at some point voices and opened my eyes and could see just through the mist that the four of my friends had come with their creators to be put to rest.

Ty stared at me but I don’t think he could see me watching him. His capsule opened but he didn’t get in, just stared at me.

Navi, Dawn and Angel all retired as their own mist enveloped them and they fell asleep. Ty though stood staring at my capsule. For a moment I thought of maybe opening the door and showing him that I could see him watching but I decided against it as he walked over and pressed a palm to the glass.

“Luna,” he was saying. “Good luck.”

He tore himself from my capsule and slid into his own. His door closed and he was gone too. I kept my eyes open for a long time; hoping he would come back and rest his palm against the glass again. But, he didn’t.

It wasn’t Papa that woke me up, or Ty. The sound of blood curdling screams and glass shattering broke the sound barrier of my sleep. From the time it took me to realize what was happening a long silver instrument was shattering my capsule. Navi stood with Ty, whose face was covered in blood.

“Quick, come on!” Navi screamed yanking my arm and pulling me out. The entire floor was covered with the renewing mist, so heavily that we couldn’t see the pieces of glass we stepped on with bare feet as we ducked through the door and ran.

“What’s happening?” I yelled over a howling siren that only became evident when reaching the hallway where all the labs were connected.

The walls once white were now smeared with blood and what looked like ash. It looked like the room went through a fire. Glass was everywhere and blood spotted the floor. I could feel the skin on my feet being cut every time I took a step. Ty had at one point grabbed my hand and was now holding on like a child catching his mother.

“Human resistors attacked overnight,” she said breathlessly stopping for a moment then running down another blackened room. “The sirens went off just a little while ago, but they were already through and had already killed too many.”

“I need to find Papa!”

Ty gave Navi a small look and then I stopped. “Where’s Papa Navi?”

She looked over her shoulder and shook her head. “He’s fine, he’d want us to leave Luna, now let’s get Dawn and Angel and get out.”

I didn’t move for a second before Ty pulled me along, dragging me behind them as we ran blindly through dark hallways and over glass.

“To the left!” Navi yelled back at us before verging off towards the left.

She kept throwing out directions and turning sharply until at once she stopped almost making me and Ty run into her.

“Shh,” she whispered getting into a crouch and pulling us back into an empty room with a broken window between the hallway and the room. We crouched down under the window as voices carried into the hallway. I noted that they didn’t at all seem panicked or in any kind of hurry. Their words were slow ones, drawn out in an almost more relaxed tone.