Group Chat

Cora pov:

The bell for science finally rings. I enjoy the material, but this teacher just makes it painful.

I hurriedly put my stuff away. I see Damian walk towards my table and I smile. I cast my mind back to earlier. He's such a sap, and I love it.

"Ready to go, Dear?" He asks. That is the second time he's called me that, I can't even stop being flustered yet.

"Yep! Bye Jer!" I say, turning to wave at my table partner.

"Bye Cora!" He says happily. Well he's in a good mood. He has been since class started.

I hold Damian's hand tightly as we walk through the hallway. I still hate that we had an argument. And what's worse, people not only heard it, but blew it out of proportion.

After what Kaidan said, I can't help but feel a little protective. Would people really try to go after Damian if they thought we fought? I've heard about what some people are willing to do. When we reach the gym doors, I'm reluctant to let go.

"Have a good class, Beloved." He says, kissing my forehead. The butterflies come back.

"You too, my love." I respond contentedly. We part ways and I head into the gym.

When I get to the change room I see Riley. She gives me an evil grin and I roll my eyes.

"Alright, spill. What was that whole romantic spiel about earlier?" She says. I smile in remembrance.

"Well, I knew that Damian doesn't like when I talk bad about myself, but that was barely even a self insult. I guess it didn't matter how small it is, but he just kinda, I dunno, snapped? He can be all soft and sappy like that sometimes, but he's usually a little more restrained in public." I explain, tugging off my shirt.

"Uh huh, and so you decided to be all soft and sappy back?" She says, pulling on her shoes. I turn around.

"Pretty much." I say.

"Whoa. Cora, what's on your back?" She asks in wonder. Oh, I almost forgot about that.

"Damian did it. He let me paint on him so this was his 'price'. I asked him to cover my scars." I say softly.

"Wait so he's seen you shirtless?" Riley asks. I blush bright red.

"Is that really where your mind went? I kept my chest covered and I was laying on my stomach. Get some soap for your dirty mind." I tease. She giggles.

"Still. That's pretty intimate, don'tcha think?" She leers playfully.

"Oh my god shut uuuup." I whine. "We're not- he's not- I trust him, okay?" I defend pitifully. She laughs.

"Oh please. I don't care how stoic and broody he is, he's still a teenage boy." She prods. I roll my eyes.

"I asked him to close his eyes, you know what he did?" I ask. She shakes her head with a teasing smile.

"He closed his eyes, covered them with his hands and then turned the other way. I don't care what you say, he's respectful to a fault." I state firmly. She laughs again.

"Alright, alright. Maybe he's not a perv, but still. You have to admit it's intimate." She says childishly.

"The most intimate thing about it was the fact that he was painting my scars." I say defiantly. She shrugs as I pull on my own shoes.

Class end up being fun after that. We played dodgeball and did some sprints. I like the practice and I really missed being able to move like I used to. Occasionally though, my scars would ache when I moved too quick or stretched too far.