Madness

Days, weeks, maybe even months had passed since her kidnapping and Celeste seemed to feel her sanity slipping from her hands, hour after hour, minute by minute, at each ticking of the clock in the beating of the seconds: their madness was reaching her too.

She saw things when she was certain there couldn't be anyone: reflections in the mirrors, eyes watching her from the bathroom, voices whispering in her ear, entities that followed her.
Even her body was betraying her, causing her to suddenly feel a general drop in temperature, forcing her to tremble desperately, while long and deep chills sank into her sore back muscles.

It was impossible to sleep in those conditions: she saw those red irises scrutinizing her from the doorjamb, always vigilant on her defenseless body, protected only by a veil of blankets.
When there were not those spheres of fire watching her in the night, the nightmares tormented her: she woke up in total darkness, unable to breathe, while her body did not react to her commands and she couldn't open her eyelids, blocked by a supernatural force, while she tried in vain to scream, feeling how her lips wouldn't open despite her supplications.
In moments like those, when her body was completely paralyzed, she could feel some hands running through her bare thighs, creeping into her nightgown, pressing against her intimacy, pressing between her folds.
Only then did she wake up: she was able to open her eyes, terrified, desperate looking for her assailant in every corner of the dark room, finding herself unable to find at even a particular unusual among those walls.
Screaming didn't make sense anymore, she realized: no one would listen.
Everyone had abandoned her to her miserable unknown fate.
She was alone in that situation.
She was alone with herself.

-Capo, are we sure she's okay?- the perplexed voice of Formaggio brought the attention of Risotto and other colleagues to the topic of that meeting: Celeste.

-I don't see her good at all: she's lost a lot of weight, I don't think she even sleeps in the evening, her dark circles are taking half her face! agreed Melone, comfortably resting his back on the gray sofa -It is not good for a woman to reach these levels of stress: we risk making her sterile.-

Ghiaccio snorted loudly, slamming a gloved hand against the glass table in front of their feet, causing the coffee cups to move over.

-Who the fuck cares if that fucking bitch can get pregnant or not! We're gonna get killed if that whore let herself die, that's what we're gonna fucking risk!- he shouted, continuing to curse the woman.

-Ghiaccio is right, capo.- added Illuso, turning to the white-haired man a look full of seriousness and concern -We are really playing with our lives at this point, we absolutely must do something to stop her.-

-I wonder how can someone let themselves go this way.- declared Prosciutto, settling a silky lock of hair behind his ear, scrutinizing his colleagues with being disinterested -She presented herself as such a strong person and now here she is, reduced to a human waste... miserable.- he spit.

-Excuse the inopportune question, but...- said Gelato, bringing the eyes of the men towards him and his partner, over whom he sat comfortably, resting on his angular knees -May I know how you guys managed to reduce her in such a bad state, in a little more than a month?- a laugh slipped from his fleshy lips, twisted in an amused smile -Wasn't it one of our goals to treat her in an acceptable way, in order to bring her to the Boss in the best possible conditions?-

Risotto did not move when the boy with the blue curls jumped to his feet, turning towards the couple in an angry gesture, accompanied by the opening of his muscular arms, as a sign of challenge against him.

-Ah, it's easy to talk to when you never do shit, uh?!- he came up to the two men, gnashing his teeth, while his voice became almost a roar -I'm sick and tired of that fucking smile of yours while you tell the others what they should have done.-