Cigarette

Her sobs grew louder as she pressed her face violently against the soft pillow, hoping to suffocate not only the warm rivers that flowed from her eyes, but herself as well.

The fear that the man would suddenly enter her room to silence her tormented her.

She moaned, watching with her puffy eyes at the rain outside her bedroom window, pounding against it as her nightmares came true.

A creak of the door made her immobilize, while the drops continued to collide on the glass and the room remained enveloped by that repetitive sound.

She was able to peer out of the corner of the eye of the fiery circles, staring at her from the door as everything remained suspended in the air for what seemed to be an eternity, probably a few minutes, until that imposing figure suddenly disappeared, as it had appeared.

That morning for Celeste went on normally, if that could be called normality, cooking lunch for Risotto, as usual, Formaggio and this time also Prosciutto, which didn't hesitate to strike her with a glance whenever she approached the table to bring or remove plates for them.

-So... Ghiaccio has made a mess, huh?- Formaggio chuckled, chewing noisily on a piece of his beef filet.

Their leader didn't say a word, sipping a glass of red wine, promptly paired with the meat served.

Prosciutto, on the other hand, sighed after wiping the sides of his mouth with the cloth napkin next to his cutlery, dramatically rubbing his temple with his thin fingers and lacquered nails.

-Incredible how the mere presence of...- he said, looking at Celeste with disgusted eyes from the wide open door that led to the kitchen, while she was washing the dishes; he swallowed loudly observing the soft curves of the girl -...a woman, like her too, make someone like him lose his lucidity.-

Formaggio nodded, still smiling.

-Well, I do understand him though, unfortunately pussy it's a rare thing here...-

The blond guy looked up at his companion's vulgar and inelegant words before continuing his speech.

-Risotto.- the called man looked at him seriously without even saying a word -I hope you've already said something to her. You can't let her lead here, you can't let her destroy the balance of our team, not after all the work that has gone through for making things work as efficiently as possible. Just because we can't do anything to her yet, 'cause she is protected by the boss, that doesn't mean she can go completely unscathed from similar lack of respect.-

Celeste overheard the conversation as usual: she hadn't liked Prosciutto from the first moment, but after those comments, he certainly ended up in her blacklist.

Did she lack respect for them? After days of promptly obeying their dirty orders, washing their clothes, preparing their lunches and dinners, pouring coffee for them at any time of day and, above all, after days without ever reacting to any of them look, comment or even harassing touch? She even went as far as dancing for them, letting them touch her body with their filthy hands.

Apparently, yelling to try to escape from sexual assault was too much though, a clear sign of disrespect.

She clenched her fists as hard as possible, exhaling a shaking breath.

-I've already told you, you don't have to worry about anything.- said the black-eyed man, finally putting down his fork, having finished lunch, followed shortly after by the other two.

-Zuccherino!- called Formaggio, practically shouting to her -Bring us some coffee!-

-I'm coming.- she replied in a sustained tone, to be heard from the other room.