Sarah

SARAH felt a rush of energy hit her. She stopped walking and gasped reaching out to stop herself from falling. Slowly the sudden bolt of energy spread over her warming her skin. Lucas asked her what had happened, and she could only say.

“It felt like that rush you get when you finally taste that first bite of chocolate mousse pudding and rich chocolate brownie covered in rich hot chocolate fudge.”

Lucas moaned. “That actually sounds good.”

All most as good as I imagine kissing you would be like.

She smiled, but kept her thought to herself.

“It’s a spell Sarah, but you have the sweetest yet most tortures ways to describe the feeling.”

Sarah watched as Lucas stood a little taller inhaling deeply. He was scenting the air she realized, she had watched it before, felt it in fact.

“Katarna, at least I think so. the spell is still burning which masks her scent.”

“A what? A spell. And um__ who is Katarna?”

“Katarna is an elemental witch. She wouldn’t hurt you.” Sarah considered this as Lucas took her hand and led her to the left of the path they had been following. “Not considering the connection she has to your brother.” He mumbled under his breath.

“Something tells me I am supposed to trust her.”

He stopped and turned to face her, studying her closely “What like intuition?” he questioned.

“I guess.” Sarah shrugged.

“She had chosen to align with you. We knew you would take fragments from our Affirmaties but we thought it would take time for the bind to take affect. Quynn’s wisdom, my passion. Katarna has Affirmaties too. Intuition.” Lucas explained to her as they walked though the trees.

“Hello Katarna.” Lucas said as they twisted though the final few trees before she came into view. There in front of them on the ground sat a girl. She looked about 21 maybe 22 years old her auburn hair was ringlets of loose curls which caught in the light of the flame of four small pillar candles that burned in front of her.

“Hello Lucas,” She replied as she stood, gliding to her feet in a smooth fluid motion before turning to face them. She had a small face with soft blue-grey eyes. She was average in height, just a little shorter than Sarah.

She tilted her head slightly as she regarded Sarah “I see you have a new way to explore your affirmities.” She mused.

“What excally do you think you are up to Katarna?”

“I am Katarna.” She spoke directly to Sarah now.

“I’m Sarah.”

Katarna held out her hand to Sarah.

“This is nothing more than a potion of good fortune, you may relax now Lucas.”

Sarah turned to Lucas looking for some assurance.

“You said it yourself Sarah. You can trust her, she only means you good.” Lucas paused and stared at Katarna. “If she harms you at all I will tear her to pieces.”

“I have no intention of harming you Sarah.” She held out hand again this time she stepped forward taking Katarna's hand.