I'd be a shitty dad

summary: Mick said he'd be a shitty dad if they adopt. These are times when mick showed he's the best fucking dad, and husband, in his way. A leks/max verse one shot <3

Kinda angst? They all tie in together.
————————————————————
1. Favorite song

Ian woke up to a fuck ton of noise. They didn't even live in the gallagher house anymore why was it so busy??
It was a saturday morning for gods sake! Why his family was up was beyond him.

Then he heard a females voice. Mandy must be over and brought her kids.
Great. Don't get him wrong he loves Mandy and her and lips kids.
They're great.
But holy fuck there's so much noise. And it's not even all of the gallagher siblings there!
He tries to hold on to sleep but he just can't.

"Fuck" he mumbled when he saw that it was only 9:41. Not even 10 yet!

He got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. In there he could hear the distant voices of his husband and their family.
"Mandy shut the hell up your gonna wake up Ian with your fucking hyena laugh." Mickey whisper shouted.

Or attempted to whisper shout.
He was a pretty loud fucker.

But the idea was sweet. He was very tired from all his emt work and he knows how much that took a toll on their family life, but they were trying. And the fact that Mick recognizes that means the world to him.
"Ian's fine, he's a champ!" Lip states. "And Mands I love your laugh."

Mickey and Ian really are soulmates because they both gagged. They couldn't see each other of course, but Ian knew because afterwards Mandy hit Mickey and said, "Dont barf dickhead!"
It was always like that. They moved the same way. They keep picking up on each other's traits, still after 11 years! But they fucking love it. Because they're fucking soulmates.

"Dont wake my husband up dumbass!" Mick shot back. And as he said that Ian walked out the bathroom.
"Oh great you fucking woke him up!" Mickey said. He shot him soft eyes full with apologies. Ian shook his head, dismissively saying it was okay. But Mickey still worried.

"Daddy!!" Leks screamed, running to the next redhead. "Hi baby!" He whisper-shouted. He picked her up and spun her around like a helicopter.

Ian and Mickeys heart swelled as they heard the laughs of their daughter. Fuck they can listen to it for hours.

It's their favorite song.

2. Minutes

Minutes turn to hours. Hours to to days. Days turn to weeks. Weeks turn to months. It's all just time.
Time that Ian has been spending working. He works so much shifts. Mickey knows it's to provide for them and their family. But fuck. It's taking a toll on them.

For the worst.

Ian walks through the house at 11:49. It's so late. He can hear his daughter crying, so he goes to her room.
He watches from the doorway as Mickey tries to comfort her. "Leks I know you miss Ian. I miss him too. But he's trying to get money for us. He's providing for us."Mickey said.
"But he's never here! I don't want him to provide for us! I don't care where we are as long as we're together!" Leks sobbed out. "Alright baby. It's okay. I'm sorry he missed it but I was there. And so was Max. And the whole gallagher clan." Mickey sighed, moving to hug her.

Fuck. Ian missed her first ballet recital. He missed his five year olds recital? How could he. And her words, Fuck her words he took those to heart. He was breaking inside seeing how him working was tearing apart his family.
Fuck this was all his fault.

"Go to sleep bug, you need it." Mickey said, moving away softly. "No papa. Don't go." The redhead whimpered. "Ah what the hell, Ian's not coming home soon anyways" Mickey said in a soft, disappointed voice.
"Scoot over bug", and with that Mickey climbed in to their daughters little race car bed and fell asleep.