~ Chapter 5 ~

He walked in, his thoughts already on what Jimmy said, that everyone hung out here and everyone meant Rose. He didn't like how things were when he left earlier, but he could give her that he understood. He looked around, even trying to remember the last time he was in here and he couldn't; he just knew that it was to before he left and probably in a setting like this, when they were with friends. And speaking of, there she was, off on the side, talking to Jimmy.

He looked her over and even pushing their age, she still looked sexy as hell to him. Her ass was hugged by her jeans and those legs, God damn, they went on for days. He often would tell her that he liked her in skirts for easy access, but her in jeans always got his blood pounding, and this was why. He so badly wanted to run his hands over her ass, but he knew that would only get him a slap and that was not what he was going for tonight. He walked up behind her and let out a breath, his eyes locking for a moment with Jimmy's before looking at her. When did those strands of gray start to come in?

"Dance with me." He watched as she stiffened at his words and waited two heart eats before he stepped even closer and was unable to deny himself from touching her so his hand held onto her waist, and he repeated his statement again, except the tingle from his innocent touch went straight to his voice and made it huskier than he would have thought. "Dance with me." She took a deep breath and slowly turned around to face him.

"And if I say no?"

"It wasn't a question, darlin'." She bit the corner of her lip to keep from smiling.

"Lead the way." His hand moved from her waist to her hand and he led her out on the floor, thankful that the next song was on and it was 'Neon Moon' for it was a great two step and they moved well together. Not to mention it was a song they always danced to; almost as if it was their song.

Jeff rested his hand on her waist and then started leading her, her hand resting lightly on his shoulder. He hated this distance between them. And yes, he knew that he was to blame, but he was trying to fix it. He even talked to Jimmy and Jimmy was the one who told him to come tonight, and he did, and she really seemed like she wanted none of it. He better come up with a plan and fast.

"Have you noticed that this song always seems to come on for us?" He felt her lout a breath and felt the tensions ease in her back underneath his fingers.

"I was just thinking that. When we had that big fight right before Sue Ann's wedding and the band played this song, we both made our way to each other to dance."

"I forgot about that! But you are right. Not sure why but it always brings us back together." He let her go to spin her around and then pulled her in even closer. "You started that fight, you know."

"How do you figure?"

"You were pissed over something you said I didn't do." He lifted a brow and she chewed on her lips and he had to fight back his groan. He had missed her, every God damn glorious inch of her. And he ad so badly wanted her to come out with him to Austin. He understood why but that didn't mean he agreed with it. And Austin sure was a lonely world without the women he had loved, even if they were married young. And yes, he was fully aware that waiting ten years to claim her again was dumb, but pride took a lot of that time; pride and anger.

"But you didn't do what I asked."

"I did, just now you wanted it." Her brows came together and when she would have stepped out of his arms as they song ended, he pulled her closer.

"It doesn't even matter," she mumbled, looking anywhere but him. He couldn't help but grin, noticing that she didn't change in ten years.

"Did I mention that I love how your jeans look? They hug your ass quite nicely." She finally looked up at him and let her mind trail off...

... "You look breath taking," he whispered to her as he took her hand after her walking down the aisle. Every bride was gorgeous on their wedding day, but to him, she took the cake. Rose was always a simple one, simple style, but it never took away from her natural beauty. And today, much like their prom, she looked simply stunning.

"You look pretty good yourself," she whispered back. She knew the moment he had walked into her life, he was it for her. No one had ever made her breath catch like he had, and he knew it. In fact, he loved it and that she knew. He got off on the power he had over and not in a bad way.

"Are you ready?"

"To spend my life with your Jeff? To stay by your side; yes, are you?"

"To wake up to only you? To take this journey with you? Yes, always." He kissed her hand and he gave her that special smile that always stole her breath. She returned that grin and kept her eyes on his as the preacher started his speech...

...She looked in his eyes and slowly shook her head, amazing how thoughts kept resurfacing with him around. Not that her mind didn't think of him, but hell, she wasn't recalling really as much.

"What are you thinking?"

"I was thinking about our wedding day, when you told me how stunning I looked."

"You did, and you still do. Rose, you have always been a gorgeous woman, inside and out. And I always felt like the luckiest man to have you by my side. The day we got married was one of my happiest days, there is no question about that."

"Just not enough to keep you here?" He sighed as he shook his head.

"And that's one of the things I want to talk about, but before I get into all of that, can't I just hold you? I've missed you in my arms." Rose looked around at the many faces watching them and sighed. Many people were in shock when the golden couple had split. And many ladies, who had wanted him, had called her many things, something she was sure he didn't know about. And many of those ladies were watching them, shooting daggers at her once again.