1

Lauren's pov

Hi my names Lauren Jauregui I'm 17 years old and I live in Miami Florida with my family, my mom, my dad, my younger brother Chris and my younger sister Taylor.

I don't have the best home life, my siblings do but not me. I was born different from them, I'm intersex, my parents don't like that and treat me like shit, so I try and stay out of the house as much as I can, the way I do that is I spend most of my time at the junkyard.

I know it sounds weird but it's my spot, you see there  is loads of stuff to do there, I can take my anger out by smashing things, I can just relax there because there's not that much noise, and recently I have been working on a car.

There's this old mustang there and I've been trying to fix it up, a lot of the cars at the junkyard have some good working parts in them, a lot of them just need new windows or mirrors and they would be fine but I guess some people just think getting a new car is easier.

So I spend most of my time at the junkyard fixing or breaking cars.

School has just finished and I was planning on going to the junkyard because I didn't want to be at home with my parents, they constantly make me feel like shit. I rushed home and packed a bag, I put in some stuff I would need and went downstairs walking out making my way to the junkyard.

When I got there I walked through the gap in the fence and went to the car I have been working on for the past few days, I thought it looked cool it had nice red paint with a black line going down the middle and it wasn't that messed up, the engine just needs some work and some other little things, like I am going to put new wheels on because the ones on the car were popped, it needed a new seat on the passenger side, you know just little bits. I'm not sure as to why someone got rid of this car it's really nice, it only needed a few things fixed and I'm sure it wasn't as bad as it is now.

As I was working on the car I hear a bark, I frown and look around then see a German shepherd looking at me.

"Hey buddy" I say, he walked over and I petted him, I look around to see if someone was looking for the dog, it didn't have a collar or anything.

"You okay?" I ask the dog and look him over just in case he was hurt. He wasn't thank god.

"Hey here" I say, I go in my bag and give the dog my sandwich, he ate it like he hadn't eaten in weeks.

I stayed playing with the dog for a while, I instantly fell in love with him, he already knew all of the basic training and was a friendly guy.

I grab my phone and look for my mothers number and call her

"Hello?" She asked, oh so she doesn't even have my number saved

"Hey it's Lauren, I fo-" she cut me off

"What do you want?" She asked

Jesus I was going to tell you so maybe stop cutting me off all the time and let me talk, it would make everything so much faster.

I obviously didn't say that

"So, I found this dog" I say, I wait for her reply

"And?" She said

"Well, he's a good dog he's nice and he knows all the basic training...can I please bring him home?" I ask, I hear nothing for a while.

"Fine but you look after him" she said, I smile and pet the dogs head

"Thanks!" I say

"Yeh, bye" she said and hung up

"Hey buddy, you're gonna come home with me!" I say, he does a circle and sits by my feet I pet his head giggling.