Chapter 46

What's been happenin' in your world?
What have you been up to?
I heard that you fell in love or near enough
I gotta tell you the truth, yeah
-
Snap Out Of It by Arctic Monkeys

***

I introduced Eros to Mr. Estrella. He said he wanted to be involved in everything about the investigation and I don't wanna take his rights away anymore so I did. Mr. Estrella filled him in with the progress starting from the beginning up to now.

Wala pa rin kaming update sa listahan na binigay ko dahil bukod sa sobrang daming nakalagay do'n, walang nagtutugma sa babaeng nakita ko sa CCTV. I don't have a proper description because I didn't really see her face. But I have a photo of the woman's back, a reference of her physique and the clothes she was wearing that time.

Mr. Estrella immediately took the clothing as a lead. He said, based from the CCTV footage, the woman could've entered the building wearing a different set of clothes and came out wearing another. And what I just saw from the footage was her, trying to play with the cameras.

Sumasakit ang ulo ko sa katalinuhan ng hinuhuli namin. If she was just a normal person, madali lang siyang mahuhuli sa pamamagitan ng mga texts na nakuha ko. Pero hindi... it was all blocked and untraceable. Iba ibang numero iyon. Ngayon, wala na akong natatanggap sa loob ng isang taon.

The biggest question I have right now is why she hadn't made a move on Eros after the breakup. Maraming lumapit kay Eros para maglahad ng relasyon ngunit ayon sa kanya ay wala namang kasuspe-suspetsa dahil lahat ng 'yon ay umatras matapos niyang tanggihan.

It's been years. She was desperate to break us apart but she didn't make a move after her success. Ang pinagtatakhan ko pa ay bakit bigla siyang nawala? Did she feel guilty? Did she just do it for fun? Did she just enjoy feeding on somebody else's misery? Did she just wanna feel satisfied? Did she die? There are so many possibilities.

Nagkabalikan na kami ni Eros. She should've known immediately but she didn't. Akala ko nga noong umattend ako ng concert, magpaparamdam na naman siya. Pero wala talaga.

The investigation continued on. I became busy recording the last songs of my album while Eros is still busy with their concert tour. I was dividing my time taking care of my boyfriend and our kids, making music, recording, doing yoga and going to rehearsals for theater.

It's tiring but I'm so fucking happy. Especially at the part where I get to mix my own recordings. I enjoy it a lot because it's what I studied in college. It was nice putting my knowledge to work and I was fortunate enough to be working with a great team.

Naibalita na rin na maglalabas ako ng album at sari saring reaksyon ang nakuha ko. Majority of the people who know me are happy, but there's still a small percentage of those who aren't. I guess hindi na talaga maiiwasan 'yon.

I breathed out when I finally did the Sirsasana headstand. It's almost midnight and I know I had to rest. It's been a tiring day afterall, but I need to do yoga because I'll be rehearsing for the play tomorrow. My body should at least be in condition.

"Love!"

Napadilat ako at napasinghap nang makita si Eros sa main door. I immediately brought my body back to the mat so I won't be seeing him upside down. Dinumog siya nila Bullet ngunit nasa akin ang atensyon niya.

"What are you doing here?!" Nanguha ako ng towel at pinunasan ang pawis ko. He was supposed to be overseas!

"Fuck, mahal, you scared me!"

"And you scared me too!"

Saglit kaming nagkatitigan. He's wearing a sleeveless shirt and shorts. May dala siyang duffel bag na binagsak niya na sa sahig. He went to me, unti unti nang napapalitan ng tawa ang gulat niya. "What are you doing..." he kissed me with a smile on his lips.