Chapter 16

Reaching my hand, I hope you would too
Cause darling you know I'm not through with you
I can't wait, I can't wait till I'm with you
But I learned that patience is a virtue
-
Fools by Nathan & Mercury

***

It was all so fucking surreal.

A sold out debut album. In a span of three days. I couldn't believe until I was told by Miss Gatch herself. All the hard work and exhaustion from that whole process where we had to balance studies and career fucking paid off.

What surprised us the most was that some of the buyers were from outside Vyckar City. And here we thought our reach was just within our hometown! It was unbelievable, I may have cried.

Promotion started and our schedule never ran out of events to attend to. Hell, we didn't even get to celebrate Eros' birthday on the 14th of February! If we're not on stage, we're all catching up to what we missed in school. It was tiring as fuck.

There was even a time where we were all so dead tired from a TV guesting, coming straight from the university at that. Pauwi na kami sakay ng iisang van kasama ang ilang staff at ang bago naming manager na si Miss Katey.

It was past midnight. Lumulutang na ang pakiramdam ko sa sobrang pagod. Justin even occupied a whole seat at the back so he could sleep. Nasa shotgun seat naman si Eros.

Wala na dapat akong pakialam ngunit sa sobrang tahimik ng sasakyan, bigla siyang nagsalita.

"Fuck! Make a U-Turn, Miss Katey!" He was half laughing, half panicking that it made the van rained "whys".

Turns out, we left damn Valentine at the studio of that TV show. Eros was doing a live on IG and was just reading comments. Kung hindi niya ginawa ay makakauwi kaming walang Valen na kasama! The fucker bombarded the comment section.

dvalentine COME BACK HERE

dvalentine MAKE A DAMN U TURN NOW!

dvalentine U LEFT WITHOUT ME

dvalentine </3

Hindi ko alam kung maaawa ako o matatawa. What's more funny is that no one fucking noticed that Valen wasn't with us. Sa sobrang pagod ay nawala sa isip ng lahat na maingay si Valen at tahimik ang sasakyan, a sign that he wasn't in the car.

Valen joined the live later on. We said sorry and Eros asked where the fuck he was when we left. Sabi niya'y nag-CR lang siya at pagbalik ay wala na kami. Pati siya ay hindi mapinta kung matatawa ba siya o maiinis sa amin.

"We're here," Eros announced on the IG live with him. The view was the road the entire time because Valen wanted to make sure we were coming back for him. Hindi ko nga alam kung may nanonood pa ba ng live dahil hindi na napapansin ang comment section.

"Is that you?" Eros focused the cam on someone sitting on a bench outside the building.

"Yeah, is this you?" Valen mocked and showed our van entering the vicinity. Doon na nagtapos ang IG live dahil nagsisihan na ang lahat kung bakit siya naiwan.

We were cautious since then. Naghehead count na kami kapag aalis ng venue or studio. It became an inside joke to our fans, so we try not to make it happen again. Lalo pa't ilang araw nagtanim ng sama ng loob si Valentine. But he's fine now. Nagsorry naman na kami at tinanggap niya.

In the middle of our hectic sched, there was a two-week break from work. Miss Gatch felt sorry when she heard of that incident with Valen. Parang natanto niyang wala kaming pahinga kaya naglaan siya ng ilang araw para rito.