☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

The four attendings had spent a good amount of time over who was going to take the chief's job. They were trying to get Webber's attention and things hadn't been working out for any of them. Natalie found them sitting on the bridge defeated. "What are you doing here? I thought you had no interest on the chief's spot." Mark looked at the surgeon, a small smile on his face. Derek and Addison noticed, wondering if something was happening. Derek knew that Mark would try to flirt with Natalie. She was totally his type. But he didn't know that Mark had actually started liking her.

"I am not. Just fun to see you all acting like that. Not even my daughter acts like that. And she's 14." Natalie mocked them before joining them, sitting down next to Mark. "So he's really going to retire?" She asked them.

"He's really doing it. He's really retiring." Addison confirmed.

"One of us could be chief." Mark said making Natalie scoff. Mark gave her a look. 

"No, one of us could be chief." Burke corrected him as he pointed to him, Derek and Addison. "You...I don't think so."

"Yeah." Derek and Addison agreed. And if Derek and Addison agreed on something, that ought to be true. 

"Oh I could be chief."

"You're delusional." Derek replied to his old best friend. 

"That's what I said." Natalie laughed. "Great minds think alike huh." She remarked and bent over to high five Derek. Mark rolled his eyes at them. "Mark Sloan, chief of surgery. That makes me vomit a little in my mouth." 

"You're mean." Mark told her only to make her smile proudly.

Bailey walked up and handed each of them some papers. Everyone but Natalie. "These are your letters of support for my free clinic. Sign them."

"Why do you want this clinic so badly?" Burke asked her. 

"Because I need something more. I know you all have your messy love lives, and your secrets and your silliness." Bailey snapped at them. "But I want more. I need something to hold onto. I need a reason to believe that medicine can do more than stitch you up and send you away. I need to believe that medicine cannot only save lives, but change lives. I need... I need to believe to believe in something the way I used to believe in you all. Sign the papers. Natalie sighed them and she is not even trying to be chief."

Natalie smiled at herself again.

"You still need funding." Derek reminded her. But Bailey only stared him down and he complied. "The Nazi's back." Derek said when Bailey left.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Natalie was riding the elevator when Mark joined her next. She was rubbing her shoulder with her eyes closed, feeling a lot of gather tension there. She made a note to herself to go get a massage soon. "If you come over tonight, I can make all the tension disappear." Natalie didn't need to open her eyes to know that Mark had gotten in the elevator. But she did anyway so she could glare at him. "Okay, okay I was just joking." Or not. "So you're going to root for me as chief right?" He asked her not wanting to be any pauses between them. He just wanted to continue talking to her.

"Why would I do that?" Natalie asked him confused.

"Because you and I bonded. We're close now." He pointed between the two of them.

𝙎𝙋𝘼𝙍𝙆𝙎; 𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙨𝙡𝙤𝙖𝙣जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें