Natalie spotted Derek and she walked up to him to ask him about the rumours. But before she could say anything he spoke. "Rumour has it that you were drinking with Mark Sloan the other night."

Natalie frowned her eyebrows not expecting that. "We shared a drink for like thirty minutes, not a big deal." She shrugged it off, not telling him about the little moment they had. It's not like Natalie could take his words seriously. And frankly she didn't want to. Not when she was still married and he was Mark Sloan. She couldn't take him seriously.

"An hour or more." Derek corrected her.

"Wh-?"

"You can't be hanging out with him Nat, he is poison. He will ruin you. You can't be hanging out with him." Derek used a tone Natalie wasn't used of. 

"Jeez, didn't realise that I had an overprotective big brother in here." She commented. "He needed a friend, okay? That's all, it's not like I slept with him. That would never happen, literally never. Plus I heard that he is leaving soon." 

"Dr. Shepherd? Dr. Turner?" Bailey interrupted their chat. 

"Dr. Bailey. How was your meeting with the Chief?" Derek asked her annoyed. He was trying to talk to the chief earlier but Bailey was first. 

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to both of you about." The doctors stood in the middle of the hallway. Natalie paid attention to the resident, noticing that she was more serious than usual. "There's a project I'm trying to get off the ground. I'd like to open a free clinic."

"Why?" Derek asked and Natalie gave him a look.

"Because I want to. And I could use your support." Bailey replied.

"Ah, see that kind of project requires logistical, strategic and administrative components. Something the Chief does. Apparently I'm not cut out for that kind of work. So, you're going to have to take it to someone else." Derek walked off. 

"Talk to me Miranda." Natalie smiled at the woman. If she was going to support someone in there that one was going to be one woman.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"Rumour has it you're headed back to New York." Natalie walked up to Mark later that day. She promised herself that she wouldn't talk to him that much anymore. They had gotten too close for her liking the previous days. And getting much closer with Mark Sloan could lead to one thing. And she was not going to do that with him. She kept telling herself that too many times that day. Like she was scared that she would give in the temptation. "Guess you didn't find a reason to stay in Seattle?" She asked him, bringing up what he had said the other night, which she had decided that she was going to completely ignore.

"I did find a reason. Rumour has it there's a race for Chief." Mark smirked at her. If she was going to ignore what he had said, he was going to pretend that he'd said nothing. "Are you up for some good old competition?"

"I am not interested in taking the chief's job." Natalie replied crossing her arms on her chest. "Good luck with that. You're up against some good doctors."

"Oh love, I don't need luck, I have all the charm in the world." He leaned closer to her, the smile still on his face. 

"Oh love, you're delusional." Natalie took a step back before walking away. "Stupid Sloan." She mumbled to herself and shook her head, to shake him off of her, literally. One minute she liked him and she could see more than the manwhore he liked to be and then he was just a manwhore and he was getting on her nerves.