Chapter 5~ Criminals

Marinette woke up, and all the events of yesterday came back to her. She grabbed her old phone, dialed in Chats number and saved it.

LB: Hey Chat, it's me Ladybug. I did as you said and saved your number on my old phone so if someone goes through my normal phone they won't find your number. Oh and good morning btw :)

She send the message and went on to put on her clothes and pack her bag when she got a message back.

CN: Good morning M'lady, that's good! I hope you had a good night of sleep.*Insert happy cat emoji*

LB: I surely did, yesterday didn't end well did it :(

CN: Oh yea about that, you should watch the latest news article by Nadia. I have to get ready for school. I'll talk to you later M'lady.

Marinette was confused. News article? She searched it up on her phone and let it play while she did her hair.

Don't be bemused, its just the news. I'm Nadia Chamack and i have some news for you. Yesterday we spotted none other then the owners of the ladybug and cat miraculous. They were supposedly saving a civilian who was hanging off off a building. This is how the miraculous owners look like. The police tried to get them but they ran away. Now we know that the miraculous owners are not willing to give their miraculouses back. The second we get ahold of these miraculouses the teens will be arrested for not cooperating. If you have any suspicion of someone you might know who could posses these miraculouses or see these two anywhere please contact the police.

Marinette almost dropped her hairbrush. Arrested?! She was getting really paranoid again. She couldn't be arrested. Tikki noticed that Marinette was getting very worried.

"Deep breaths Marinette. It's going to be okay." Tikki said reassuringly

Marinette took a few breaths and gave her kwami a little smile. She packed everything, kissed her parents goodbye and went to school. She walked into her classroom and noticed everybody was gushing and whispering except for Adrien, he looked pretty uncomfortable.

"What is everyone talking about?" Marinette asked Adrien.

Adrien looked at her and sighed. "The event of yesterday with the ladybug and cat miraculous holder and about the news article of Nadia."

Marinette was too stressed to even comprehend she was talking full sentences to her crush. "Are you serious, not them too!"  Adrien gave her a sad smile and she returned it and went to her seat. She didn't feel like joining in on the conversation. After a few minutes Mrs Bustier walked into the classroom.

"Good morning class." She began but no one stopped talking. She attempted to silence the class a few times but nothing worked.

"What is so important that you guys don't even try to pretend to pay attention." Mrs Bustier said clearly a little annoyed.

"I'm sorry Mrs, we are talking about the whole situation with those miraculous holders." Alya said. Now Mrs Bustier was also intrigued.

"Oh really, so what's your guys' opinion on that situation.

"They are a bunch of criminals!"

"Why won't they just hand over their miraculous!"

"If the government says it's too dangerous those stupid people should just listen."

"Yea, they are so stubborn."

"Ha, they probably just want to be special! Not that they could ever be as special as me!" 

"It's not that simple." Marinette said quietly.

"Did you say something Marinette?" Mrs Bustier asked. Suddenly all eyes were on her.

Marinette looked panicked.  "I-ehh"

"I think what she was meant to say is that every story has two sides and those people probably have good reasons to do what they are doing! Like she said, it's not that simple!" Adrien said, he gave Marinette a little smile and she gave him a grateful nod.

"Yea, that's what i meant!"

Alya shrugged her shoulders. "I guess that is true, we don't really know their side of the story and they did save that civilian so they are probably not that bad."

"What is there to explain. Why won't they just do what they are being told to do. If the government says it's too dangerous for them, they are probably right." Kim said.

Marinette finally snapped she stood up facing Kim. "If those miraculouses are to dangerous for teens have you ever thought what could happen if the government possesses them! Them with the power of creation and destruction!? At least you know those teens are using it for the good purposes like with their action from yesterday! I get that you always do what's being asked of you but some people actually have a brain unlike you and actually think about the consequences!!"

Adrien looked at her with admiration, she was totally right!

"Marinette! That's enough! We are not going to insult other classmates! Sit down! Now!" Mrs Bustier said. "I think that was enough of this subject for today. Everyone grab your homework, i will be checking if you have done it!"

Adrien turned around to face Marinette. "Well said Mari, i totally agree with you!"

Marinette turned a bright red. "Y-yea, t-thanks!"

"Oh and we will be having a surprise quiz today!" Mrs Bustier pointed to her desk where you saw a stack of test papers. Alya's eyes glowed mischievously.

"Mrs Bustier! Can me and Marinette go to the bathroom really quick?" Alya said.

"Of course but be fast." Alya stood up and dragged Marinette with her. As soon as Alya shut the door Marinette began to talk.

"Alya! What is this all about? I don't need to pee." Alya giggled.

"Me neither girl but i am not really feeling a test today so maybe my powers can help." Alya smirked. Marinette looked at her best friend with a disapproving glance. Alya winked.

"Trixx, let's pounce!" And there was ALya in a badass fox suit. "Mirage!" She said as she used her flute and pointed to the classroom door. Marinette peeked through the window and saw that the papers weren't there anymore.

"And that's the power of illusion baby."  They could hear Mrs Bustier from inside the classroom.

"Where are the test papers!" She proceeded to look for them everywhere but couldn't find them. "Guess we won't have a test today students!" Alya detransformed and gave her little kwami a fist bump. Marinette felt a little jealous, she knew what Alya did was wrong but she wished she could have just called her lucky charm and found a solution even for something as stupid as a test. But she couldn't. The girls went back into the classroom and continued the lesson.

~Location Skip~

Gabriel was working in his office for a new design when he got a call.

Unknown: "Hello, is this Mr Agreste?"

Gabriel: "Yes it is, how can i help you?"

Unknown: "If we aren't mistaken, you are in the possession of the butterfly miraculous?"

Gabriel: "Yes i am."

Unknown: "Great! I am Mr Anderson, i work for the government. And we have a little favor to ask you...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooh what do they want to ask Gabriel? Stay tuned for the next chapter to find out! Bye sugarcubes!