Chapter 3~ Fencing

School was finally over and Marinette was heading home. She decided that she would try to track down the owner of the cat miraculous. I mean that person was probably also struggling and maybe they could help each other. She wasn't sure how she was going to track him or her down but she was going to try her best. Too lost in thought she didn't notice the person walking towards her, before she could blink she was on the ground. 

"Watch where you are going next time ple- oh hey Marinette!" 

Marinette looked up to see Kagami who also fell too the ground due to her not paying attention.

"I am so so sorry Kagami, I wasn't paying attention!" Marinette said while Kagami stood up and stretched her hand out. 

"Its no problem Marinette, I think we all got used to your clumsiness by now, here let me help you." Marinette took Kagami's hand and pulled herself up. Kagami suddenly got a smile on her face. 

"Hey, what are you doing right now. Because if your not that busy maybe you could join our fencing lesson." Marinette saw the excited look on Kagami's face. She really wanted to track down the cat miraculous holder but she and Adrien were Kagami's only friends and it wouldn't hurt learning some techniques and maybe she could even catch a glimpse of Adrien. Before she could accept a red little creature came from Kagami's bag and began talking. 

"It would be very fun if you could join us. I only heard positive things about you Marinette!" Marinette was a little shocked by the little dragon like kwami. She forgot that not everyone had to keep their kwami a secret. 

"Oh where are my manners. I'm Longg, nice to meet you!" 

I-I'm Marinette, nice to meet you to!" Marinette said still a little in shock. 

"So what do you say?" Kagami asked with a hopeful look on her face. 

Marinette smiled. "Count me in." 

They began walking back towards the school where the fencing lessons took place. Marinette texted her mom that she would be hanging out with a friend and would be home later. They arrived at the school and they already saw people preparing the lessons. Marinette suddenly looked worried. 

"I don't have any fencing stuff with me." She said. She wasn't prepared for this occasion. 

"Don't worry Marinette, they have extra fencing gear in the locker room." Kagami pulled her along and they both changed into their fencing outfits and grabbed their sabers. 

"Today is a bit of a freestyle lesson so I guess I will learn you some techniques." Kagami said. 

"Hey Kagami, oh hey Marinette! I didn't know you were into fencing." Adrien said while walking towards them. 

"Oh y-yea, Kagami convinced me to come to you, I mean come here." Marinette babbled out.  

"I'm glad you are here! Now you can see me as I defeat Kagami in a fencing contest." Adrien grinned. 

Kagami looked at him with disbelief and then grinned. "Oh you are on Agreste. If Marinette is okay with that. I really don't want you to feel abandoned! " Kagami looked at Marinette with questioning eyes. 

Adrien grinned at the two of them. "How about we make a little bet." The girls looked at him confused. 

Adrien continued to explain. "Me and Kagami will fence against each other. And the loser has to try to train Marinette to fight against the winner. If Marinette wins, the winner has to pay for ice cream. If the winner wins from Marinette, the loser has to buy ice cream." 

Marinette grinned. "Deal, Kagami?" 

The japanse girl looked at both of them. "Oh its a deal." 

Adrien and Kagami went to fence. It was a long game. They both dodged the other effortlessly. But after a long and challenging game, Kagami won. 

"Good luck training Marinette, and Marinette good luck trying to win later." Kagami said proudly as she went to practice some techniques. 

Marinette and Adrien started training. Adrien let her in on some tips so she could hopefully defeat Kagami. Adrien really enjoyed training with his friend and he hoped they could do it more often. She was also pretty good at fencing, there could actually be a possibility she could defeat Kagami. Although he doesn't think it's just training. He just likes hanging out with her. 'She was so sweet and funny and- Adrien stop it! Just a friend!' 

"I think you are ready!" Adrien said as she showed him the move he just learned her.

Marinette's eyes grew wide and she started laughing nervously. "Oh eh no, i am not going to be able to defeat Kagami." 

Adrien chuckled. "Don't stress it Marinette, just try your best!" 

"Okay, yea, i can do this!" Marinette said. She walked towards Kagami and said she was ready. So the game began. Kagami tried to hit her with her sabre but Marinette dodged it and tried to hit Kagami in return, who obviously dodged her attack. Marinette tried using the techniques Adrien taught her and the game went on like this for about 3 minutes. Until Kagami had Marinette backed up against the wall and lunged at her. Marinette used one last technique she had learned and was able to hit Kagami. Marinette had won. 

Kagami stared at her in disbelief. "Wow Marinette, i can't believe you actually won!" 

Marinette looked just as surprised. "Yea me neither." 

Adrien came towards the girls and wrapped Marinette up in a hug. She thought she would faint. "Good job Marinette! So Kagami, that ice cream?" 

Kagami laughed. "Lets all get changed and head to Andre's." The three both changed and headed out to Andre. Kagami paid for their ice cream and they said down on a nearby bench. 

"So Marinette, every thought about joining fencing?" Kagami asked her while licking her ice cream. 

Marinette shook her head. "It would be fun but I am way to busy with designing and helping my parents in the bakery." 'And with my new mission to track down the cat miraculous holder.' 

"Oh yea, i understand. It was fun having you there tho." Kagami said. 

"Yea i liked it too." The three finished their ice cream and all went home. As soon as Marinette was in her room Tikki flew out. 

"That was fun!" she beamed, happy that her owner could have a distraction from all the stress. 

"Yea it was. Shame i couldn't introduce you tho." Marinette said, still gloomy about this whole thing. 

Tikki sighed. "Yea, and poor cat miraculous owner too. They must be going through the same thing." 

Marinette looked at Tikki and suddenly remembered something. "Oh yea, i wanted to talk to you about that. I want to try to track him or her down. Maybe we could figure this out together you know?" 

Tikki's eyes lid up. "That's  a brilliant idea Marinette!" 

Marinette smiled at Tikki and clapped her hands. "So, where should we start?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that was it for chapter 3! This was more of a filling chapter but next chapter will be more about the miraculouses. I hope you guys liked it! Bye sugarcubes!