The day Natalie returned to the hospital after her day off, was the day that George found out that his father was not going to make it. He was on life support and the O'Malleys had to make a decision. 

George walked to the nurse's station where Natalie, Bailey and Richard were. Natalie looked at the younger man worried. He somehow reminded her of her sister, which she hadn't seen in too long. "Why did you do it? Why did you do it once you saw the cancer had spread?"

"George... George" Natalie tried to calm him down as he continued yelling at the other doctors. 

"He asked you right?" George realised. "He asked you to do it no matter what?"

"We have to honor our patient's wishes." Chief Webber replied calmly. 

"You said you would be straight with me. He could have lived for weeks or months. We could have had months with him. My mom...she could have had months with him." George cried. 

"He wanted a chance to fight the cancer George. It was his choice." Natalie tried again, remembering how her father had done the exactly same thing. He wanted to fight, even if it meant that it would kill him. So that was what happened. 

"He didn't know any better!" George yelled. "You knew better! You shouldn't have done it. You shouldn't have done it!" He stormed out and Natalie followed behind.

"Five years ago, I lost my father. He had a heart disease and he didn't want to tell me because he knew that I would work myself up to save his life, because you know I am a cardiothoracic surgeon, I could save his life. But he didn't want to worry me. He didn't want our last moments to be like that. He fought until the last minute. Just like your father. You should be proud that he didn't give up. Just remember who your father was to you and hold that for the rest of your life." George's father wasn't the only one she was referring to. "I am really sorry you have to join the dead dad's club, George."

"I... I don't know how to exist in a world where my dad doesn't."

"Yeah, that never really changes."

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Callie and Natalie were in the nurse's station when they saw Mark. They both looked at him. And Mark looked back at them and then he realised. "She told you."

"Uh yeah." Callie confirmed while Natalie just gave him a half smile.

"You think I'd be a terrible father?" Mark asked and Natalie didn't feel like she should answer that. She wasn't sure about her own father after what she had found out. 

"Oh I don't...I don't...are you...okay, do you like kids?" Callie asked him.

"I don't know. Depends on how loud they are." Mark replied making Natalie scoff, knowing how loud kids actually are. All of them. Even Amber, who people just kept saying that she a quiet kid. She wasn't. 

"Okay. Do you like your family? I mean, are you a family kind of guy?" Callie continued.

"I don't really have a family. Derek was my family."

"Okay. Well, what about birthdays and anniversaries? Do you remember those kinds of things?" Callie asked. She was really helpful sometimes. But for Natalie that wasn't something that made a good father. Not remembering anniversaries. Her father could never remember anything, but he somehow he always showed up from every little thing. And all the big moment of hers and her sister's lives.