AUTHOR'S NOTE - #WeRaceAsOne

No "Hi loves" today because I am not happy with F1 fans right now (not you guys specifically).

I want to make something very clear.

You can be sad about your favourite driver losing.

You can be sad a driver crashed.

You can be angry about a collision between two drivers.

You can be annoyed at the driver who was at fault.

But,

you CANNOT under any circumstances racially abuse someone.

Regardless of what they have or haven't done, choosing to let out your anger by being racist is absolutely disgusting and unacceptable.

You can have your own opinion on Lewis Hamilton, you are entitled to it.

No one is forcing you to like him.

You can make your opinions about him or the incident public.

You cant be fucking racist.

That's not okay.

It's low.

And it's horrible.

And it's unnecessary.

And it is everything that is wrong with this world.

Lewis' incident with Max had nothing to do with his race or the fact that he's black.

I just want to remind you all that Lewis Hamilton, regardless of whether you like him or not, is a 7 time world champion and quite literally one of the best drivers of all time.

You can't say he's not talented. He is.

And he is the only black driver to make it this far and the only black driver on the grid. For some of us, that's hope.

It's hope that we can be great too. It's representation. And when I see him being pulled down because of his ethnicity, it genuinely breaks my heart.

Because I am a visible minority.

And when I see this happen repeatedly, I think "that's how my life's going to be".

Racism is never the answer and is never okay.

Do. Fucking. Better.

-

Statement from Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team: