chapter 37

04/07/2021

Song of the Chapter:

Cardigan by Taylor Swift

- Willow's POV -

My eyes fluttered open and I woke up to see Lando, resting his face on his arm, watching me.

"Morning" I say with a tired smile

"Morning beautiful. Happy birthday" he says and I hide my face in my pillow, smiling. I lean forwards and plant a small kiss on his lips.

"Thank you" I say, my cheeks heating up

"You're getting old" he jokes

"You're older than me"

"Only by 5 months" he points out.

Five months. That meant his birthday was in November.

I sit up and rub the sleep out of my eyes. When I open them back up, Lando is also sitting up but he was holding a small black box with a ribbon wrapped around.

My face falls.

"Lando...you didn't" I say. He smiles cheekily.

"I did" he says and hands me the box. I cant help but feel all warm and fuzzy.

I truly loved this boy with all my heart.

I untie the ribbon and pop the lid off. Moving all the tissue paper out of the way, I gasp.

In the box, was a beautiful gold necklace with a small heart-shaped pendant.

I carefully lift it up and hold it in my hands.

"Lando it's beautiful"

He smiles.

I begin to unclip it.

"Wait. Open the locket" he says and my eyes widen.

Nervously, I open it and immediately, it falls out of my hands as I bury my face in them.

I feel the wet tears running down my arm.

He pulls me into his chest and kisses the top of my head.

"Happy birthday Will, I love you" he whispers

I pull away and grab the locket once again, staring at the picture.

"Where did you even get this picture?" I ask

"I asked your uncle"

I cover my mouth with my hand, unable to believe that he had done all of this for me and I didn't even know.

"I don't know what to say, wow...thank you" I say. He takes the necklace and places it on my neck, clipping it shut.

"Now he'll always be with you" he says quietly and I snake my arms around his waist, squeezing him tight.