chapter 32

22/06/2021

Song of the Chapter:

Still Don't Know My Name by Labrinth

- Willow's POV -

It had been exactly sixteen days since the last time Lando and I spoke. I was starting to get worried. He hadn't even bothered to check if I had arrived in Montreal safely.

I decided to stay home this weekend, missing the race. In all the years that Lance has been a keying and racing, I had never missed a race. Then, Lando popped into my life and here I was for the second time, missing it, just so I wouldn't have to face him.

I turned on the TV and opened the Sky Sports channel. They were doing interviews with some of the drivers.

"And here we have Lando Norris. Lando, you've had a brilliant season so far with Mclaren. Is there a special someone in your life to share your success with? A girlfriend maybe?"

What kind of question was that?

He laughs it off but I could tell it bothered him. "Uhm I mean I've got my family, my two sisters who are my #1 fans, so that's always nice. But umm yea, no uh no girlfriend for me. I'm focusing on myself and my career which I think is the most important thing right now" he says and begins to divert to another topic. "And yea, really excited for the race this weekend. The team's been working really hard, the car's been great so yea...really looking forward to it"

The interviewer kept asking him questions but I zoned out, not knowing if I had really heard what I thought I heard.

No girlfriend for me.

None of this made sense. How did we even get to this point. One second, I was meeting his family and all of a sudden we've supposedly broke up.

How could he just completely erase me from his life so easily? Maybe he was trying to break up with me in the first place when he told me to leave.

That's one way to do it. He could've just told me he didn't want to be with me instead of making this whole mess.

I wasn't going to deny, it hurt. It hurt so bad. It felt like every inch of my skin was burning up and not in a good way.

I'm the fool though. I'm the fool because how did I let myself think that Lando would ever love someone like me?

I grab my phone, about to text him, when a message pops up.

Jack

Hey!
I'm about to grab a coffee
Wanna come with?

Who the fuck is Jack and why would I grab coffee with him? I start typing.

uh who is this?

Jack

Friend of Hannah's
we met last weekend at ur party
U asked me to charge ur phone for u
I put my number in it

Oh I'm sorry I literally don't remember u at all
I must've been really drunk

Jack

Haha
Understatement.
so...coffee?

I'll have to pass sorry
I've got a lot going on right now and I'm not rlly feeling up for it
Also I don't know u so it's kinda weird