chapter eight ~

|•|

|•|

"Mom I really liked her." Aurora cried wiping her tears on the sleeve of her hoodie.

Jennifer combed Aurora's hair out with her fingers, "I know, love. But things happen for a reason."

That didn't help Aurora at all. She started to sob even more.

"I don't understand what I did wrong. I thought she liked me back. she showed all the signs that she did."

"Maybe she was too scared to admit her feelings so she told you she didn't like you back to push you away," Jennifer told her daughter.

She sighed, "But why would someone do that. It's selfish, and it hurts so much to the person they are doing it to."

"It's just how some people cope, honey."

It pained Jennifer that she had to watch her daughter go through her first-ever "heartbreak." And she would have done anything to prevent it.

"Hey, why don't we go get some ice cream. I don't work till later tonight." Aurora's mom suggested.

The girl smiled, "okay, and can we go to the beach?"

"Of course. I'll leave you alone so you can get dressed."

Aurora nodded her head as she got up from her bed. She watched as her mother left her room, leaving her to be lonely again.

The girl wandered to her closet, picking out an outfit for the day.

After she got done getting dressed she grabbed her phone. When she turned it on messages from Billie flooded her phone.

She didn't respond to any of her texts or calls. Instead, she just left her on read. But it pained Aurora to do so.

She wanted to talk to Billie, she wanted Billie to hold her again like she used to. The girl wanted to feel the silver-haired girl's lips on hers.