chapter two ~

A/n: I kinda wanna write some of the chapters in 3rd person point of view...I've always wanted to do it so I'm gonna do it for this book, but I still will be doing 1st person.

On with the book...

School is finally over for the day and I'm now walking home with my best friend, Dawn. I haven't been paying attention to a thing she has said. My mind has been all over the place today with these thoughts I've been having.

As we are walking I could feel someone watching us. I turn my back to see no one there. Weird, I think to myself. My heart rate starts to increase as I'm now scared for my life.

As we continue walking I hear louder footsteps behind me, I quickly turn around once again to find no one there.

"Dawn" I call out as I face her.

"Yeah what's up."

"Did you um..did you hear those footsteps behind us?" I ask panicking even more.

"What are you talking about?" She asks looking into my eyes. I stare at her in confusion. A few seconds go by and I start to see blood dripping down from her eyes.

My eyes widen as I start to stutter over my words. I slowly back away from her as she steps closer to me.

aurora

Aurora

AURORA

I quickly shot up looking around the room realizing I had fallen asleep in class. I let out a sigh as I closed my history book. I started putting all my books and pens into my backpack, right when I do the final bell rings for dismissal.

Everyone starts to make their way out of the classroom. When I start to leave the history teacher, Mr. Wilson, calls me over to his desk.

"Hey Aurora, I just wanted to let you know that I can't be having you fall asleep in my class." He starts, "You are the smartest kid in here, I can't be having you fail." Mr. Wilson tells me.

I let out a low sigh, "I know, I know."

"By the way, there is a big test coming up and I'm expecting you to pass it Aurora. If you don't this is gonna look very bad for you."

"Right, well I have to get to lunch so I'll see you tomorrow," I say wanting to end the conversation.

"Alright, stay safe." He tells me. As I walk out of his class I felt tears swell up in my eyes. I hate that everyone expects me to pass every class I'm in. My mom has always wanted me to be very smart and get straight A's.

She would never let me slide with getting a B, to her that's a failure in her eyes. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom so much but her standards are way too high. But of course, I still get it done.

|•|
3rd person point of view.

It's been a couple of hours since school ended and Aurora is now finishing up her math homework. As she is on her last question her mother comes in to check up on her.

"Hey Aurora, I heard that you fell asleep in Mr. Wilson's class today?" Aurora's mom, Jennifer informs her as she leans against the baseboard of the door.

Aurora could see the disappointment in her mother's eyes, and it completely broke her. She hated making her mother disappointed, honestly it was the last thing she ever wanted.

"Yeah, I just didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I'm sorry mom." She says quietly telling the truth.

"You know I don't want you getting into the habit that falling asleep in class is okay, because if you do you're gonna fail and when you fail you aren't gonna be successful in life." Jennifer snaps at the 15-year-old girl louder than she intended.