Chapter 21: My Memories Are Mine...

"Seraphiel's evil twin was the one who casted the spell. It was meant to also wipe your memory Samara but she would know exactly who she was in the past and that would give her the advantage to kill you, while you think you are a normal mortal."

Samara shifted her attention from Mr. Jones to the dancing flames in the fire place, "It's her then, that's after me. She has my grandmother."

"Yes." Mr. Jones murmured under his breath.

"How will I win this then?" Samara stared briefly at each person in the room. "Of course I'm not as powerful as her. She knew who she really was from the start and she obviously knows how to use her powers while I keep going nuclear. How will I fight her and save Nona?"

"Because you have something she doesn't have, Seraphiel."

Samara held up her hand as if saying stop, "I'm Samara Mr. Jones, not Seraphiel. I'm sorry but I am still just Samara."

"No, the thing is-"

"She is just Samara."

Mr Jones casted his eyes downward as Malic interrupted him, "Yeah so, you have The Seraphim Seal."

"Her mark?" Nickolas asked.

"Yes, it's the seal that was given to her when she was chosen. There on her hand is where God had touched her."

"Mmm, neat, Naveen added. "ahhh kinda unbelievable... But neat."

Samara touched her wrist as she was over taken by awe and disbelief.

Was I really touched by God?

Not you dumbass. Seraphiel was touched by him.

But aren't I Seraphiel?

The exasperating voice in her head fell silent.

"That seal is the only one of its kind and matters would be worse if your other half had been the one to receive it. You keep going...nuclear, as you would say because you don't know how to control it and because you are not whole."

"Tell me how I can learn control."

"Woman I don't know! But..." he pointed at her, "you remained in control for quite some time with that Lennox fellow. You're control will grow slowly but I suggest you stop fearing what can't be prevented and embrace it."

Well, that's easy for you to say.

"How will you look for Lily's Light then?" Nickolas interjected.

"Come," Mr. Jones took Samara's hand and carried her over to the window, he then left the room and returned with a large dagger.

Its handle was made from what looked like black metal with sides that were broad and elongated like fangs. Carved onto those fangs were dragons, one on each side and the hilt of the dagger was bathed in intricate lines and twists. The blade was a product of what looked like the same black metal but it was smooth and refine, deadly.

He took Samara's hand and beckoned for her to stare into his eyes, "I'm not sure if this will hurt or not. Do you understand?"

She nodded yes, "Go on."

He turned over both her hands so her palms were facing upwards. She flinched as he swiftly used the knife's blade to pierce the center of both her hands. Malic's brows pulled together as her rich blood sprang free.

The witch then used his index finger to tap on the blood at the center of her left hand, rubbing it into a vertical line over her left eye, then he repeated this with her right hand before giving her the dagger to hold.