The Past

*TW*: Mention of abuse

Narrator

Before Lucien castle killed Camille there was an even bigger secret to keep from the world other than Hope mikaelson. Maya Mikaelson. Cami gave birth to a beautiful blonde girl and named her Maya O'Connell Mikaelson. Camille loved her so much and so did Klaus, unaware of the power she holds.

After Camille died Maya was in the custody of Klaus and Hayley. Hayley tried her best to be a mother figure for Maya and was the mother of Hope, Maya's older half-sister, and Klaus treated her and Hope like princesses.

The end of that came when the hollow came into town. The hollow said that Hope would be the downfall of all witches her being the first tribrid and for Maya everyone knowing she's a witch was much more than they expected. The hollow said she was a tribrid with the power of a void Kitsuné and some other supernatural creature they weren't sure about, but then the hollow was frightened by their own words when they said Maya would be the downfall of every supernatural creature.

Ever since the hollow said that all the Mikaelson family except for Rebekah started treating Maya differently than Hope. Hope was treated with praise for whatever she would do but Maya was treated with no respect and would always get in trouble if Rebekah wasn't defending her. She always got yelled at and was ignored if she did something good. Rebekah was always there for her and she was grateful for that but she wanted her dad to care and not yell at her.

When Hayley died everything got worst. When Maya did one thing wrong Klaus would start to hit Maya. Elijah and the other Mikealson siblings, including Hope, would just watch as tears fell from her eyes. This only happened when Rebekah wasn't there to protect her. She was also not allowed to go to school anymore with Hope. She would just stay home and sneak out sometimes. Rebekah moved out so her being abused by Klaus was more common.

One day she dropped a glass cup in the kitchen and Klaus heard and started beating her when Rebekah walked in and was in total shock. She vamps speed to stop Klaus from hitting her. Rebekah could see all the bruises all over her body and she started screaming at Klaus. She then took Maya upstairs to her room and helped with the injuries. Maya stole Easter's book of spells so Maya did a quick healing spell. Rebekah realized that was the reason she never saw bruises on her.

Maya begged Rebekah to move in with her at the age of thirteen. Rebekah wanting that for her, with tears said she couldn't because Klaus would find her and hurt her even more.

One day Hope triggered her werewolf curse by killing someone by accident. Klaus came barging into Maya's room, looking right into her eyes seeing the eyes of the love of his life Camille, hesitated but then he slapped her right across the face a blamed Maya for triggering Hope's curse. Klaus left the room and she broke into tears.

She couldn't take it anymore so she started packing clothes, her mom's dark objects and her grandmother's spellbook and left. After a couple of bus rides and spells, she found the location of where Rebekah's house was, in a small town called Riverdale.

She walked to the front door of Rebekah and took a deep breath, and as she was about to knock Rebekah opened the door. Rebekah was in shock, and as Maya was explaining how sorry she was for showing up uninvited, Rebekah gave her a big hug crying saying she was just about to pick her up. Because she found a witch to do a barrier spell around her house so Klaus wouldn't find her. The only reason Maya knew the location was because Rebekah told her.

Rebekah even had a room ready for her, they sat down and talked about what happened, Rebekah was in tears. After the crying was over Rebekah explained what would be going on. Rebekah took the cure so she is Human now and Marcel came in and out since he still runs New Orleans. He was also is there for Maya protecting her. Maya would have a witch come in and help her with her magic since Rebekah and Marcel couldn't help with that.

Maya was inrolled into Riverdale high where she found her best friend Forsythe Pendleton Jones, or Jughead Jones is what he likes to be called. He is an orphan and lives alone but sometimes sleeps over with Maya and Rebekah. He was one of the Hybrids Klaus made but he escaped. They are the only two supernatural creatures at school but it was fine. Jughead was like her older brother, who would always protect her. They would hang out every day. Rebekah knew Jughead before Maya and she treated her like a son.

Maya quickly started calling Rebekah mom and so did Jughead. Maya loved her new life. But soon that would all change.