"Is anything bothering you?" Mark asked, noticing the troubled look on her face. He tried to find out who was that man that had come at the hospital the other day. But it's not like anyone would tell him.

"A lot of things." 

"Does this have to do with the visit of that man the other day? Who was he anyway?" Natalie stopped jogging and turned to look at Mark who was worried that he had ruined his first chance to talk to her without them wearing the scrubs and their professional looks. But Natalie always had a professional look on her face. "Am I crossing a line?" Mark stood in front of her out of breath as he was mostly doing all the talking as they were running.

"You're obviously a terrible gossip." Natalie commented. "He was supposed to be my ex husband. And now I have to make a choice." She found herself confiding in him her troubles. The reason; she didn't know it. Some people just made it easy to talk to them.

"Well, you gotta let us know. You know if a woman like you is out looking for a rebound the world must know to prepare themselves." Mark gave her a flirty smile. 

"A woman like me?" Natalie raised her eyebrow, giving him a look as she crossed her hands on her chest.

"You're one of the most beautiful women I've ever crossed paths and you have this aura around you. You're confident, every time you pass by all heads turn to your direction." He explained. "Anyone who hurt you isn't worth your time."

"Hmm." She tried to hide her smile. Mark Sloan knew the right thing to say, and even Natalie enjoyed a nice compliment. 

"I mean you're super hot." He continued.

"Wow." Natalie huffed but she could recognise the teasing tone in his voice.

"What? I am just being honest." He raised his hands. "There's nothing wrong with being hot. I am hot too. Maybe we should join together and put the sheets on fire."

"Or maybe not." Natalie laughed at his remark.

"Eh, at least I made you laugh." Mark gave her a genuine smile.

"Well, thank you Mark." Natalie smiled back at him. Mark had made her forget about her worries for a minute. And it was refreshing. She felt more of herself. "You just might stop calling me Dr. Turner." 

Mark gasped surprised and quickly grabbed the opportunity she gave him. "I might start calling you... Natalia."

"Natalia?" She repeated. 

"Hmm I'm not going to call you whatever everyone else does. I am special."

"You're actually delusional." Natalie corrected him. "You were nice today, so I decided to be nice back. It doesn't mean we're friends. I still don't like you." She started jogging away from him. "See you at work Mark."

"Oh I am going to make you love me. Just wait and see." Mark called out as he was checking her running away, "Oh I'll be damned." He muttered to himself and only took his eyes away when he couldn't see her anymore.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Natalie was at the nurse's station with Bailey later that day. She wanted to ask her to scrub in one of her surgeries. The one Dr. Burke hadn't tried to steal from her. But as she was informing her about the case, a particular argument caught her attention. 

"What's wrong with Burke's hand?" One of the interns, George O'Malley, asked Cristina. George's father was at the hospital and he needed a valve replacement which George wanted Burke to do. Until he noticed the first red flag. And he couldn't let the cardio surgeon operate on his father when he obviously had been hiding something.