Ye Shu leaned on the settee as he watched him get dressed.

Jin Wang had a slender figure and extremely broad shoulders. Due to years of martial arts practice, his fine and strong muscles exuded a rolling strength, well shaped and beautiful, very pleasing to the eye. The only flaw was that his upper back was now streaked with bright red strokes, which made a rather alarming sight on his fair skin.

Noticing his gaze, Jin Wang looked over with a smile. "What are you looking at? Not all of them are from you."

Ye Shu immediately averted his gaze.

Jin Wang put on his bathrobe, walked to Ye Shu's side, and leaned down. "Shouldn't say you're a little dog; a little wildcat would be more appropriate."

Ye Shu, with his neck red, tilted his head and dared not look at him.

Jin Wang chuckled as he picked up Ye Shu. "Let's go, little wild cat."

Jin Wang carried him back to the bedchamber.

Food had been laid out on the table.

The past three days, Jin Wang had dismissed all the inner servants of Yangxin Hall. Except for the meals delivered during mealtimes, the entire Hall, and even Qianqing Palace, were as silent as the grave.

Even the guards on patrol and the shadow guards on duty dared not approach.

Jin Wang wanted to carry Ye Shu straight back to bed, but Ye Shu refused and insisted on walking over to eat by himself.

It had been three days and his feet hadn't touched the ground once!

Jin Wang and Ye Shu looked at each other. Compromising with a sigh, he put the man down. Ye Shu's feet touched the ground but his legs were too weak. Jin Wang, having fully anticipated this outcome, fished him up once more with pride.

"......"

Jin Wang gave him a 'you're just showing off' look.

Ye Shu moved his numb legs, pointing to the table as if nothing had happened. "Help me over."

Jin Wang dutifully complied.

Ever since Ye Shu declared he would see how he behaves, Jin Wang had taken it to heart and treated him with extra care. The stately monarch, His Majesty, personally served him his meals, clothed him, took him to baths, to freshen up, and also helped him vent the fire in his body anytime and anywhere, not distinguishing day and night. Perhaps even a concubine wouldn't be as useful as he was.

Ye Shu thought in his heart as he looked at Jin Wang, who was picking up some dishes for him.

The two hadn't once set foot out of the palace, and were both wearing only soft bathrobes.

His Majesty always kept himself meticulously groomed, but it was not so today. Hiss lightly wet hair was tied with a hairband, a few strands hanging down over his forehead, revealing an indolent temperament not often seen in the past.

A drop of water snaked down his slender neck and sank into the black collar. Its lapel was loose, vaguely exposing his collarbone covered with ambiguous red marks.

Ye Shu's throat became dry, thinking that he looked more alive when he wasn't wearing anything.

The bowl of congee didn't even smell good anymore.

Jin Wang paused and he put down the chopsticks. "Ye Shu."

Ye Shu sheepishly averted his gaze and nonchalantly asked, "What is it?"

"You're..."Jin Wang helplessly pressed the space between his brows, trying his best to ignore the smell in the air that was so blunt it seemed like seduction. "Eat well and take a good rest afterward."