My hands are shaking as I grip Pritchett's dresser behind me. I spot my phone on my bed, but Grady is between me and it. This is bad. This is really bad.

"I loved you or at least I thought I did. I made so many mistakes throughout our relationship, but this wasn't a mistake. I'm not lying or hiding the fact that you used to treat me like I was your personal punching bag. Go and maybe I won't call the police." My voice starts out small, but I fight back. I don't have to take this anymore. I try to dart around him for the phone, taking advantage of his surprise, but his reflexes kick in.

Grady hits my stomach, throwing me to the side, except I don't hit the ground. I bounce off the side of my desk before landing on the floor. The pain in my side is sharp and tears immediately appear in my eyes. I try to blink them away, my breath stolen as I gasp to breathe in strangled breaths.

I slowly push myself up and Grady laughs. "What? You start fucking Jack and you think you're worth something now? Daddy still doesn't love you and you think being with his player is going to fix that? Sweetheart, you're never going to be enough."

"Fuck you," I spit out at him, feeling a tear drip down my cheek. He's not right.

Grady reaches out to grip my chin tightly. "Does Jack let you act like this? Why the fuck do you think that's okay with me? You used to know better."

"I do know better."

His grip tightens causing a whimper to escape from my lips. "This fucking piece of paper doesn't mean shit. If you think it protects you, then good for you. Jack on the other hand is fair game and I have a bone to pick with him anyway. Maybe a lucky shot at his wrist and he's done for the season. It'll ruin his shot for the draft too." I jerk my chin out of his grasp.

Fear encases my heart at the idea of Grady hurting Jack. Convincing Jack that this isn't worth a fight will be hard enough. His patience only goes so far and Grady has stretched it pretty fucking thin. "He's done nothing to you. Leave him alone."

He smiles cruelly at me as the pain in my side throbs. "Maybe if you ask nicely."

"Please leave Jack alone." The words are barely an audible whisper off my tongue.

"No. It's not very fun to hear, is it?" He taunts and I glare at him.

"At least I'm not going to push you down any stairs for saying it." I smart off before my head snaps to the side after a blow to the face. I gasp at the sudden flash of pain, covering my mouth to stop myself from saying anything more. I can already feel my eye start to swell and Grady takes a few steps back.

"You tell the police I did this and Jack's career is over before it starts," Grady warns as the tears spill quickly down my cheeks. I'm unable to stop them now. He then leaves, not bothering to give me a second look.

He's never hit me in the face before.

I scramble for my phone, breathing rapid shallow breaths as I grab it to call Peyton. She knows enough about Grady from what I've briefly said and I know Jack talks to her too. I curl myself up into a ball, feeling the agony mentally and physically. When she answers, the only sounds coming out of my mouth are quiet sobs. I can't form the words to tell her what happened. I need Jack, but I also don't want him to see me like this.

It's not fair for me to call Pritchett in this scenario after the last time. "Al, hey, I'm coming to get you okay? Are you in your dorm room?"

The words catch in my throat. I can barely see right now through the haze of tears. "I'll just go there first. I'm not quite sure where else to check after that so I really hope you're there."