"Mm, what is that?" 

"You'll see when it comes true. Soon enough I hope." Lan Wangji smiled so softly with his eyes clearly showing his intention, and Wei Wuxian melted. He understood right away, and he kissed him with a smile.

"Soon enough, huh? You have that kind of confidence?"

"Well, I will try my best." Lan Wangji laughed and kissed Wei Wuxian's nose. "Come on, you horny wench, time to show our faces for the last time before we go back home." He lifted Wei Wuxian up, and fixed her dress and her hair tenderly, before they went out of the office.

Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian came out and Grandpa Yuwen introduced Wei Wuxian to some of the key players in the Yuwen's family and the Lan's family. Wei Wuxian could see Dr. Xue, Lan Xichen and Jiang Yanli, the angry uncle with his wife and the pop idol, and a few more others he did not know. This was more like a business meeting rather than a birthday party. They also brought their daughters with them, with the intention of introducing them to one of the Lan's brothers, but Lan Wangji was busy talking with Grandpa Mo and his parents, although he kept Wei Wuxian by his side. So the daughters flocked to Lan Xichen, who welcomed them all with a smile. 

Wei Wuxian noticed that Jiang Yanli was left alone on the desert table, so he whispered something to Lan Wangji and he approached Jiang Yanli and tried to talk to her.

"Yanli, how are you?" He tapped Jiang Yanli's shoulder lightly, and she turned around to face Wei Wuxian. She smiled and gave Wei Wuxian a warm hug.

"Wei Ying, nice to see you. Tonight is the opening of your new club right? I will be right there. Can I bring my friends?" Jiang Yanli smiled and Wei Wuxian could see that she definitely forced that smile out. He wondered if something happened to her and Lan Xichen, but he realized that it was none of his business.

"Sure, the more the merrier, and the first day opening, all is free." Wei Wuxian hugged Jiang Yanli and patted her back to give her some kind of  silent encouragement. "And if you ever want to talk about anything… you know where to find me."

Stella Lin looked for a chance to approach Lan Wangji when she saw the wench whisper something to him and leave his side, just as she thought that the wench would cling to her man all day. She quickly approached Lan Wangji, who was talking with his grandfather and his parents, and she pretended to twist her leg so that she could fall into Lan Wangji's embrace.

What she did not know was that, one, Lan Wangji was a trained fighter, so he had sixth sense when anyone stealthily approached him, and two, he was an acute germaphobe, which could only be cured when he was with Wei Wuxian. And Stella Lin did not know about those two since her uncle did not think to mention them. Or maybe he just didn't know, just as he didn't know what exactly Lan Wangji did, working with the police and all. He just knew that Lan Wangji was the Yuwen's heir, and that was all that mattered.

So, when she fell, she was hoping that Lan Wangji would catch her like those romantic scenes in the Hallmark channel, or at least he would try to cop a feel. She knew she had spectacular breasts since her ex boyfriends all told her so. Then she just had to ask for his responsibility for inappropriately touching a young woman's body, by becoming her boyfriend.

She never thought that Lan Wangji would avoid her like a plague, although he clearly saw that she was about to fall. And when she finally fell down and planted her whole body on the yard, no one was making a move to help her. She could feel that her dress was straining to contain her breasts and derriere, and when she heard the sound of ripped fabric, she hoped Lan Wangji got an eyeful of her assets. Maybe he was just surprised by the view of her half naked body and could not react in time.

But when she lifted her face to look at Lan Wangji, there was no one there aside from Madam Yuwen, who looked at her with her cold gaze. She then gestured to one of the assistants to help Stella to stand up and checked for injury, which she had a few in her elbow and knees, but none on her face, then Madam Yuwen spoke in a very cold and intimidating tone.

"Miss, you do know that we have a family gathering here? I wonder if you don't have any other more appropriate outfit, you know, with the older people here and all." She snapped her fingers and someone brought a bathrobe, embroidered with Yuwen's initials, and gave it to Stella Lin, who ripped her dress in strategic places, showing her bare breasts and transparent thong. "And you should refrain from wearing shoes that high, you could fall down the ditch somewhere and split your head for all we know." Yuwen Xing knew exactly the stunt that this girl had tried to pull, since she was not the first to do it to her second son, who left as soon as the girl started to approach him. He didn't give a glance to the insignificant flies, as he said, and he just went to where Wei Wuxian was at. 

Yuwen Xing then called Lan Qiren to collect his niece.

"Qiren, I think you need to teach etiquette to your wife's niece. After all, if you want her to enter the high society, this behaviour is a big no no." 

Lan Qiren listened to Yuwen Xing's sinister words with anger, but he did not dare to act on it, since this was the Yuwen's turf, and the old man Yuwen was here. If not because of his brother, they would definitely have wiped him off the map a long time ago. So, he held on to his anger, and took Stella away from there. But he would not give up, because his life, and his family's, were depending on Stella's success in snatching the whale named Lan Wangji.