Chapter THIRTEEN

"You got a blood sample and a picture on the first day? And even the damn mutts details? That update sure did you good, no wonder." Sighed Mr.Bae as he looked at the printout of the photo that Eunwoo took.

Today, the only colour that Myungjun had seen on Eunwoo was green. He had yet to ask about what all the colours meant. Right now, he could assume that white was stationary and default. Then blue was repair mode. He wasn't sure on orange, yellow and red. And he also wasn't sure if the robot had other colours.

Green seemed to be triggered when something nice happened - like today. He was being praised all day for his good job.

"Right. Good, good. This case will be a long one, so you gotta be careful. There has been a few packs around that area, and one of them seemed to alert the other wolves there when they saw Eunwoo."
Eunwoo's light flashed orange.

"There was other packs? My motion sensors and hearing sensors did not detect anything apart from the black wolf." He said.
"Yes, there was. But they masked their scent and they weren't on land anyway. They were in water."

"I- no, I would have heard them anyway. I think my hearing sensors may be malfunctioning a little.."

"I am not cashing out another 5,000 dollars for your ear."

"That is quite alright. I am sure Electro.corp will be able to pay for my damages." He said, scanning an error in his ear just to make sure.

"Welp, anyway. Good job. We have more tasks regarding the newest case though, so be prepared for any surprise texts that may come in about it." Mr.Bae sighed, putting the file away.

"Okay. Come on, Eunwoo. Electro.corp, yeah?" Myungjun asked, getting up.
"Yes."

They got into the car, Myungjun humming as he drove, scowling when he saw the raindrops.
"When the fuck will it be nice and warm. These scent suppressants aren't waterproof.." He grumbled.

"The next sunny day is estimated to occur tomorrow at 1pm, and it will remain sunny for 2 days." Eunwoo said, words rolling off of his tongue like a weather apps prediction.

"Oh. Uh. Thanks."

They drove for 30 minutes and went in to get Eunwoo's ear fixed, before the android got a new task appear in his task module.

'Investigate the abandoned house at xxxx Street, reports have been said that there is dangerous substances being handled there."

His light flickered back to white.
"We have a new case pending, Captain. Would you like to go investigate it?"

"Is it far from here?"
"No. 750m to drive. We should be there in 5 minutes." He said.
"Alright. Let's go. What's it on?"

They got in the car, Myungjun starting it up and starting to drive.
"Illegal substance handling. It may be a drug dealership in the residence. We must proceed with caution, Captain." Eunwoo said, looking at him with a yellow light flickering.

"Oh yeah! Eunwoo, tell me what all of those weird lights mean."
"You mean my expression light?"
"Yeah yeah, whatever it's called. What do the colours mean?"

Eunwoo hummed softly.

"White means standard. Green means happy or content. Orange means that I'm learning new information. Yellow means cautious. Red means danger. Light blue means minor repairs, dark blue is heavy repairs and pink is flustered. Light green is fear. No colour means.. shut down, or as humans call it, dead. I may have other ones, but they might not be installed into my programme yet."