Chapter ELEVEN

Myungjun had to help the android out of the car, as his legs didn't seem to work properly.
He winced when his hand came in contact with the others, nearly flinching away at how hot he was.

He helped him into his home, where he sat him down on the couch.
He went around and started opening every window, before grabbing the bottle of purple liquid from the pantry.

Myungjun saw that the androids light was flashing red, and he didn't know whether he should worry or not.
Eunwoo's synthetic hair also had come into contact with the vapour, making it droop down over his eyes. It looked something like water, or a recreation of sweat.

"Eunwoo, are you sure you don't need some Electro.corp check up?" Myungjun said wearily, giving the robot the bottle.

"I-am-sure." He glitched out, taking the bottle and shakily downing the liquid.
"My- temperature has reached 130°c. I would advise you to please move away from my area of seating, as the air near me may start rising in temperature, too."

Myungjun exhaled, moving away and taking his cat into a different room.
When he came back, he saw the android puffing out vapour, ears pressed flat against his head.

He went to his freezer and dug around for something, before finally pulling it out.
He came back with a bag of ice - handing it to Eunwoo, who looked at him through glazed eyes.

"Put it wherever.. you're overheating the most? I guess? I'm sure Ice could help you cool down." Myungjun said, a bit unsure.
Eunwoo nodded, taking the bag of ice and putting it on his head, huffing as his temperature went down a little.

"I- does it hurt? Like.. the whole overheating problem?"

"I wouldn't call it pain. This is more so unpleasant, as I cannot feel pain. I can simulate it, but not feel it as a human would."

Myungjun nodded.
"Aha. Okay. Okay. Anyway- I'm. I'm gonna be in the kitchen, if you need more of your.. juice. Liquid - whatever. Just call me, yeah?"

"I understand."

Myungjun went into the kitchen, opening some of the windows there.
"All of this work for a piece of plastic that will get its memory wiped in the end.." He grumbled, before shaking his head.
He was just pure nasty to the guy now. He didn't exactly deserve it.

His ears twitched when he heard a thump, and he turned back to see Eunwoo slumped forward onto the ground, light flashing dark blue, the ice pack now just a bag of water.

Myungjun huffed, and went over to him, attempting to lift him back onto the couch, but he yelped when he felt his skin.
He was searing hot, and he could see a bright red spot form on his hand already.

He pushed the android back up onto the couch, whining at the pain shooting through his hand.
He could almost hear the heavy whirring of the others fans, attempting to cool his overheating system.

He decided to let him be, knowing it probably was no good to reactivate him again. He had to be reactivated earlier on, so maybe this was some sort of.. catch up? On the last one?

Except this time, the light was flashing dark blue.
Myungjun went to his computer, sitting at the desk and switching it on.
He began to scroll through all the emails, all of them being a case that he was assigned to.

All went as far as 2 months.. he'd be stuck with this dude for this long?
He liked working alone. But working with Eunwoo wasn't .. bad either.
He just preferred his old way.

These cases were getting harder and harder every day, and even he, sometimes couldn't solve them.
A stupid fucking machine could solve a case, but he, the best captain of his unit, couldn't?