Episode 6: Race To The First Word

"I'm telling you, Hooty. King is going to be her first word." King said proudly, sitting on Luz's back as she attempted to crawl, but failing.

"Hoot! Wrong! It's going to be HOOT!" Hooty twisted his neck, hooting and laughing.

"Why does it matter that much, you two? I, personally can wait for her to start talking. She already babbles so much now. I'll never sleep once she learns to talk."

"Well, don't you know, Eda, but my parenting book says she's going to be talking soon." King commented, holding a Parenting For Dummies book.

"Two questions. Where did you get that, and why in the love of Titan do you need it?"

"I, uh, well... doesn't matter!" King threw the book, kicking Luz on her side. "Giddy up, human!" Luz giggled, laying flat on her belly as she kicked her legs.

"King, stop kicking and telling the toddler to giddy up."

King held his head high in pride. "My parenting book says a child isn't a toddler until they can walk."

"King."

"And, also- WEH!"

Hooty used his beak to pick Luz up by the back of her shirt, carrying her around the house. Luz giggled, kicking her legs back and forth.

"You better not drop her, Hooty." Eda hissed, eyes narrowed at the bird tube.

"Oh, you! I would never drop her-"

As Hooty say that, Luz fell from his mouth. Mere inches from the ground, Eda managed to jump off her place on the couch and catch the infant.

"Hooty!" Eda yelled, gripping the giggling baby.

"Hoot! Sorry..." Hooty slowly backed into his spot in the door, quickly slamming it shut to avoid a lecture.

Eda groaned, rubbing her temples. King cackled, sprinting towards the kitchen.

"King, don't you even think about sneaking into sweets before dinner."

"I'm not!" King yelled. Eda rolled her eyes. Yelling with a mouthful wasn't too bright.

Before King knew what was happening, he was dragged off the counter and dropped to the ground. Eda glared down at him, hands on her hips. Luz was whining in the highchair, banging on the tray.

A muffled giggle emitted from King's small body, as he scampered to his own highchair next to Luz. Eda scoffed, but then smiled. She couldn't stay mad at him.

Luz continued to whine, only louder this time, banging even harder. Eda laughed, walking over and ruffling Luz's hair.

"You're a hyper one, aren't ya? Kinda remind me of Lily..."

Eda snorted, walking to the stove.

"Ya know, kid. When me and my sister were little, she was always hyper, and talkative, and could never sit still. She was prim and proper, at the same time, though, surprisingly. I, Eda, on the other hand, loved to rebel. You cannot tell though!" Eda proudly put her hands on her hips, snorting out a laugh.

"Eeeeeee!" Luz squealed, reaching for Eda. King squealed right along with her.

"Hooty, did ya hear?! She said, Kieeeeeeng!!!" King screamed, jumping up in his highchair. Luz giggled when Hooty came into view.

"Hoot! Impossible!" Hooty said in a high pitch voice. Eda rolled her eyes, placing a hand on Luz's head.

"Try not to say either of them fungibats' names', okay?" Luz grabbed Eda's hand, bringing it to her face and letting Eda cup her cheek. "Try saying pickpocket first! Or, Bad Girl! Yeah, yeah, Eda likey the sound of that." Eda walked to the fridge, pulling out a few ingredients.