"76"

The operator

The Operator is a character in Marble Hornets and acts as the primary antagonist and later "big bad" of the series. He is a telepathic creature that resembles a tall, thin, and faceless man wearing a business suit.

Differences from Slender Man

While based on the Slender Man, the Operator came about before the contemporary mythos. His depiction has helped shape the mythos, but he has multiple differences in abilities and behavior compared to that of the Slenderman.

He does not have any tentacles or tentacle-like abilities.
He does not appear to have any limitations in movement, however he rarely moves on camera.
Like the Slender Man, his presence can damage electronics, but this is not always the case.
His appearance can also cause extreme physical pain and debilitation, particularly to longtime victims.
Like the Slender Man, the Operator has time-travel abilities, but they appear to be far more limited.
He can wipe extensive periods of memory from his victims.
He seems to cause odd behavioral changes in people, such as Alex becoming aggressive, and Tim's personality shifts between 'Masky' and himself.
In "Always Watching: A Marble Hornets Story", he is invisible to the naked eye.
His behavior is a mix of animalistic and sapient, making him highly unpredictable.
He seems to draw his strength from the mental influence he inflicts upon people, and almost seemingly weakens when Tim (or other characters) takes his medication, which appears to help him resist it.
In the film spinoff "Always Watching: A Marble Hornets Story", he brands some of his victims with the Operator symbol. While never shown in the main series, it is possible that certain characters from Marble Hornets were retconned to have brandings.
The Operator is based on Slender Man as one can see from the appearance; however, due to its very extreme and different depiction against the classic depiction of Slender Man, it has been debated over whether or not the Operator is another name for Slender Man or another being altogether. The Operator and Slender Man have been influenced by each other and it may be in part due to the Operator since Slender Man has some of the traits the Operator has been observed with. Marble Hornets themselves have stated that the two are not the same.

Additionally, since MarbleHornets has never attributed the term "Proxy," entities like Masky and Hoody are hard to define. In addition, the MH producers have stated that the Operator is a completely separate entity from Slender Man since they do not use the same methods or have the same goals.

For a complete account of his actions, see here
Abilities

The Operator is suspected to have many abilities.

Teleportation is one of the major abilities demonstrated by the Operator regularly. This seems to be used in two ways. The first is, as teleportation does, to place his presence into a specific location by unknown means. The second way he uses it almost seems to be short movements forward, as if his teleportation ability is hampered once he is in the presence of a target. The Operator doesn't seem to have any limitations to his teleportation, but it is extremely important to note the Operator is very rarely ever seen physically moving in any way. The Operator can teleport people other than itself, taking people to other places and once sending Jay on a looping door run in a hallway.

Electronic interference is an important one. This ability is not explained, and why he does it is not explored, or even if he has control over it, although in some videos the effect is active and in others it's delayed, so it's possible that he can selectively use it. Whether this is the same ability that causes issues with his victims or is a separate ability is also unknown. The effect seems to cause severe distortion, often blowing out the audio of the video entirely, causing video tearing, ruining the video quality, causing severe tone and tint issues, over-blowing the brightness on the video until everything is bleeding together, or causing the electronic to freeze or stop recording for extremely long periods. These are most likely not selective.