03

Hyunjin and Seungmin finally came to their dorm after two periods of math, exhaustion visible on their faces. They collapsed on their beds, facing each other.

“Let's have a movie night today,” Hyunjin suggested, raising his eyebrow seductively. “I am too tired to do anything else.”

“Okay,” Seungmin replied, while yawning. “What do you want to watch?”

"What kind of movies do you like?" Hyunjin asked. "You like to watch movies, right?"

"Well, I like to watch k-dramas more. Sometimes, they're so complicated that I barely understand what's going on, but I like that about them. They give you just the right amount of adrenaline," Seungmin answered, having to sit up because of how passionate he talked.

Hyunjin felt his heart skip a beat. This was the first time Seungmin spoke to him for that long and he realized he absolutely adored the sound of his voice.

"We will watch a k-drama, then," he said, trying his best to remain unfazed. "You can choose."

Seungmin's eyes sparkled and he immediately took out his laptop, turning it on and searching some kind of illegal website they could watch it on.

Hyunjin, in the meantime, pushed his bed next to Seungmin's so they were conjoined and also prepared some snacks.

"What did you choose?" he asked when he saw Seungmin was done.

"Vincenzo," the boy replied. "I see it everywhere. Everyone's talking about it. I wanted to know if it's worth the hype.”

Hyunjin agreed and the two boys got together, sitting right beside each other and started watching. Their knees were touching the entire time and Hyunjin was painfully aware of it.

Seungmin looked really absorbed into the plot and Hyunjin found it adorable. He was looking at the boy the whole time. He didn't actually admit it, but he already watched the whole series, so he knew what was going to happen.

It was entertaining to see Seungmin's wild reactions to the cool scenes like where the characters set fire to a building or when it was revealed who was the actual villain of the story.

“I am so betrayed! I trusted him!” Seungmin exclaimed angrily, pointing his finger on the screen when the angle was pointed at the evil character. “You were so nice!”

Hyunjin giggled. “Yes, yell at him, he deserves it.”

“How are you not absolutely shocked?” Seungmin asked, his eyes widening. “That was like the last character I thought would be evil.”

“Oh, I saw some spoilers on the internet,” Hyunjin lied.

As it was Friday, they were allowed to be up until very late. They watched quite a few episodes until it was pitch black outside and all that could be heard were crickets and distant traffic.

Another episode was coming to an end when Hyunjin looked over to Seungmin, finding out the boy was actually asleep.

Hyunjin chuckled and pulled a blanket over him. As he stared at Seungmin's face for longer, he realized that his relaxed face has grown into a frown. Soon, Seungmin looked absolutely terrified, like he was seeing some terrible things in his dreams.

No, Soomin. Please no,” he was talking from his sleep, holding the pillow tightly as if it was about to escape his hold.

Hyunjin looked at him with concerned expression. He didn't really know what to do, but Seungmin's dream – or most likely a nightmare – seemed to be getting more aggressive.

“Hey Seungmin. Wake up,” he whispered, shaking with his shoulders, not too aggressively.

“Soomin!” Seungmin yelled and woke up, cold sweat running down his forehead and temples. He looked at Hyunjin who was sitting next to him with worried look on.

He started crying and sobbing, hiding his face with a pillow, ashamed of looking so vulnerable and weak in front of Hyunjin. He was so embarrassed.

“Are you okay?” Hyunjin asked, slightly panicking as he stroked Seungmin's back. He didn't know what else to do. The boy was shaking so hard, Hyunjin was afraid he was having some kind of medical issue.

“Whatever happened, it's okay now, I am here, nothing can hurt you,” Hyunjin was whispering softly, now stroking Seungmin's head. The boy peeked from behind the pillow, his eyes were puffy and cheeks flushed deep shade of red.

He suddenly hugged Hyunjin, wrapping his arms around his waist and resting his head against Hyunjin's chest. The boy looked startled for a while, but then he hugged Seungmin back, placing his chin on top of his head.

Seungmin was still crying, making Hyunjin's hoodie wet, but the other didn't care.

“Take your time, it's alright,” Hyunjin whispered softly. "It's okay to cry... I'm here."

As he continued to whisper more reassuring sentences to Seungmin, he wondered if Soomin was Seungmin's boyfriend – the person Jisung and Minho told him about.

He has to ask Seungmin one day. But, not at this moment. From what he's just seen, Seungmin still wasn't over whatever happened. Asking him might bring some bad memories back...and Hyunjin didn't want to hurt Seungmin with asking him to re-live them.

The boy ended up falling asleep again, his head placed on Hyunjin's legs. He was now smiling in his sleep, which made the other relieved.

He was playing with Seungmin's soft dark hair. His back and legs hurt because of being in the same position for such a long time, but as long as Seungmin was comfortable, it was okay with him.

Watching Seungmin asleep made Hyunjin wonder again. From what he's gathered so far, Seungmin was truly the type to keep everything for himself – his feelings, his well-being – everything.

It seemed like Seungmin has built a wall around his heart, not letting anyone in. Not letting anyone know how he was truly doing. That just meant Hyunjin had to go slowly with him, make him feel safe, gain his trust. He knew it might be too hard, but he was willing to try.

Hyunjin didn't want to pretend like he knew exactly what to do. It was all new to him. Having someone that made you feel this type of way – a way where you feel like every inch of your body wanted to do nothing else than be with them – he's never felt like that before.

Especially with someone he didn't know much about.

“I will help you,” he whispered, hand buried in Seungmin's hair. “I won't give up on you. Don't you worry.”

-

Updated a little sooner 🥰

- Sani 💜