3. Aftermath I

Author's POV

After all the wedding rituals were almost over and Rishabh lifted the veil, he got shock of his life.
He was so stunned and in shock that he couldn't even speak and went with the remaining rituals.

Where as, Adhya was angry, worried, frustrated, and a whole lot of thoughts were going on in her mind.

Right after the pandit ji announced they are married, Adhya started to speak and Rishabh was just speechless and staring at everyone.

" So no one should know that we got married, we are still single for the world." She said looking at everyone and Rishabh.

" And I know that you were announcing your marriage tomorrow, so I guess that won't be happening now." She said looking at Rishabh.

Rishabh just nodded with no words coming out of his mouth.

When they went to take blessings from his mom, she said " be happy beta, and please try to make this marriage work"
Adhya just smiled.

After everyone congratulated them, they left for Rishabh's house.

And the team members left for the hotel, they have an early flight to catch for Mumbai.
Rishabh and Adhya will leave for Mumbai after 2 days.

Rishabh Pant

We are now in the car and going to my house.
I'm still processing what happened at my supposed wedding and trying to wrap my head around it.

It all just changed. When she asked about the announcement I just nodded. Obviously even I don't want anyone to know. Thank god my wedding was already an intimate gathering with limited guests.

I look over to my side hopeful to get some answers, but she seems too angry to clear my doubts, better I ask sometime later.

She just nodded, when others were congratulating and was somewhat passing angry glares to everyone there.

When Sakshi and mom was speaking, I know she was giving a fake smile.

Finally we reached the house, mom welcomed us with another few rituals and told us to go to the room.

I just saw her, indicating her to follow me, when we reached the room, I was heading to the closet to fetch my clothes for a change and halted when she called my name. I turned back and saw she was sitting on the couch.

She took me turning as her queue and started to talk,

" As I have already said, I'm not accepting this marriage completely, we are just husband and wife on paper.
And I guess even you too agree to that, right?" She asked

" Yeah, even I think the same." I replied.

" Okay cool, so we are still single for the world."

" But we can't ignore eachother when we are here, because we have to look like we are trying for your mom, we can't make her sad. Okay?" She asked

"Haan okay. " I agreed. She is telling the truth.

I still had many questions so I decided on asking her as she is only talking.

" Okay , so what about your parents? And I was supposed to marry someone else, what happened to her? How did you convince my mom to marry me? How did she agree? I'm so confused and clueless." I just asked her all the questions I had.

" Oh hello idiot! I didn't convince anyone to marry you, they forced me. Apparently the bride cancelled the wedding at last minute and everyone forced me and gave me speeches that me marrying you is better for both of us right now and all. I just married you cause I couldn't see aunty and the team sad and disappointed. "
Ohh. But as if I wanted to see them sad. And why does she care about them! N wtf, couldn't they cancel it!

"And as for my parents, they don't know anything, and I will tell them when we go to Bangalore, I can't tell this huge thing on a phone call."
I just nodded.

"Why didn't they cancel the wedding? Like no one knew right!" I asked this too. I was also really pissed off.

" That's what even I asked, but u have to get married before 25 itseems. And your mom really wanted u to get married today itself. And the team people thought that if this gets cancelled it may effect u and all. I was the only girl who knew about your marriage, so they made me marry u!"

Wth! They can't do that. Now even I'm angry on them. How can they think that this won't effect my game. Ughh!! I just hate her for agreeing!!

"Why did you agree huh? You could have just told no right!"

"Oh yeah! As if I didn't try that. I didn't want to get married to you! In what language should I tell? I was 'forced' to marry you."

" I just agreed for your mom and the team's sake. For Vi Bhai and everyone."

"Don't drag cheeku bhaiya, he wouldn't have done that!"

" Oh really? Vi Bhai did this for your happiness! So I hope your happy now, idiot"

"Why the f are u calling me idiot, u stupid"

" Oh sorry! I shouldn't call u idiot, kothi (monkey)."

"What the fuck is kothi??" Wt language is she speaking!

"Kothi means monkey in Kannada! You are a kothi!!!"

"Then I'll call you... ah ... penguin!!!"

"Oh thanks!
I have no mood to argue further with you. And now while we are here, I'm going to sleep on the bed. You can sleep on the couch or on bed your wish, however the bed is huge."

She told this and moved to the bed to sleep.

How dare she call me a monkey! She is stupid! And it's my bed! I will sleep on the bed only I can't sleep on the couch and have back issues near to IPL! And I have the rights to sleep on my bed!

I went and changed, when I came out she was already sleeping, so I went to the other side and tried sleeping.

My mind was just thinking how this night changed my life. I mean I knew it will change, but I was prepared on getting married to someone else not her! She is a good friend that I made when she started working for the team, but married to her! No I never thought! Omg! Idk what will happen next! Thank God we have agreed this marriage is not acceptable to us.
Ughh!! I hate her! I hate this!!

Thinking these, idk when I slept.
_________________________________

A/N
Hope u people like this update!
Thanks for all the responses and I will make sure to update as soon as possible!!