Chapter 2 - Meet Me At Lacey Hotel

Start from the beginning

"Can I bring my water guns to play with Mia?" He asked causing me to smile.

"Of course you can" I said back and he gave me a smile. I hope everything goes fine tonight. I am praying.

***

I'm shaking so badly right now. I don't even know how I'm walking. I feel like I'm going to throw up. As I walked, I looked at every room number. I'm getting closer and closer.

33...34...35...36

I took deep breath as I stopped walking.

I don't know what I'm about to walk into. I don't know what to expect at all. The door was open a little. I reached for the handle then pulled my hand away quickly. I'm scared, but I can't be. I just have to do this. I reached for the handle and pushed the door open.

I quickly walked in and saw Jason sitting in a chair with his arms crossed and a pissed off look on his face.

"Jason? What-" I stopped talking and scoffed. "It was you" I mumbled and shook my head. He stood up quickly.

"How can you be so stupid to actually come?" He asked me pissed off.

"Why are you testing me like that? Do you understand what you had made me feel since I saw that? How terrified I was? The anxiety I had?!" I yelled at him. He really just pissed me off. He did too much. That wasn't okay to just test me.

"Because I wanted to see what you would do if something like this were to happen one day. You failed." He said shaking his head in disbelief.

"It's been five years, Jason. We have been safe for five years. Why would something happen now?" I asked and groaned. "Wow" I mumbled under my breath and crossed my arms.

"Just in case, Mackenzie" he said then took a few more steps towards me. "Why the hell wouldn't you have said something to me? Or to the other six people in our life!" He yelled at me.

"Never test me again" I said glaring at him then turned around. I'm leaving. This is ridiculous.

"Don't walk away while I'm talking to you! Why would you risk your life like that?" He continued to yell at me. I quickly turned around and he was already walking over to me. He stopped quickly. "Answer me! You drop our child off at Hunters then come here where you could have possibly died?!" He yelled again.

"Because I care about you! You know this! And I'm not stupid. I didn't come unprepared!" I yelled back and took the gun out of the inside pocket of my jacket and threw it on the bed. Then grabbed my pocket knife from my other pocket and threw it right next to the gun. "See!" I crossed my arms and just stared at him. I'm so angry right now.

"You could have died, are not understanding that?" He asked me still in a pissed off tone, but not yelling.

"Yes, I understand that, Jason. But I was going to protect this family. I was going to protect you-"

"I don't need protection! I protect this family like I have for the past five years and protected you for eight!" He yelled as he took a few steps closer to me. "You should have told me. What if this was real? Huh? What would you have done? Possibly get killed and leave your son to be without his mother?! God, how could you be so dumb-"

"Okay!" I yelled louder than him to shut him up. "I'm sorry, okay? I wasn't thinking. I panicked" I said in a lower tone so I wasn't yelling anymore. "I didn't want you to worry. I thought I would be good to handle it. I'm sorry" he just stood there breathing heavily. I watched his chest move up and down then his eyes just watching me. We didn't say a word as we just stood there staring at each other in silence. "Can you say something?" I quietly asked. It was worrying me that he was silent. It shows how mad he really is.