"Okay, um, I need ten minutes." Amber called out as she ran upstairs to get ready. She felt nervous that she was going to spend time with her father again after two months. Especially after that had barely spoken on the phone. 

So as soon as she reached her room she put out of the closet every nice dress she owned. She rarely liked dressing up, always choosing a pair of jeans and a tee with bands she liked on, but she felt like she had to wear a dress this once.

The situation back at the living room was bad. Natalie didn't waste a second when Amber disappeared in her room. "You could have called if you wanted to see Amber. You can't just show up at my work or my life generally. You're out of my life."

"I don't want to be out of your life. I gave you two months to have your feelings–"

"Have my feelings?" She stood up and ran her hand through her hair. "Have my feelings?" She repeated louder. "Are you bloody kidding me Isaac?"

"Okay, I get that you're still mad. I know what I did was wrong is so many ways but I love you and everything else that happened was... Well, let's just call it an accident."

"Oh an accident. Of course, silly me. Did you trip and fall into her vagina? Their vaginas actually." She remarked. "Listen to me carefully, you will sign the papers and the only reason you and I talk for now on will be for Amber."

"Okay and if I sign the papers, does that mean that Amber will stay with you, all the way to rainy and moody Seattle while I'll be in San Francisco?" 

"She can stay with you during the summer and we will figure out the holidays or something." She suggested, not planning to keep Amber away from her father. "We'll do Christmas every second year and you can have Easter. And I'll get Halloween because I love spending Halloween with her."

"That's bullshit, okay? I won't let you do this." He yelled.

"You won't let me do this?" Natalie let out a dry laugh. "What? Get a divorce with you? After what you did you think that you can mess up my life more? You're not even sorry Isaac. You don't even regret it. There's not a part of you that regrets it. I've known you my whole life. I know when you feel bad for something. And you don't feel bad for this. You just have to get what you want like always. You want the wife, the family, the perfect home. Because it makes you look good. And you want to play the big man because it makes you feel good. The only thing you are to me is the father of my daughter. You and I have a wonderful kid together and I will forever be thankful for that. But I despise you with every part of me."

Isaac opened his mouth to reply, not much to say after her outburst, but he couldn't give up. But Amber running down the stairs ended their conversation. "Okay, we can go." She said noticing the look on theirs faces. She had heard them fighting, but she decided to play dumb, like she had been doing the past few months. 

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

The same night Natalie went back to the hospital. She didn't want to stay home alone, her feelings were suffocating her. So she walked towards the OR board to see what time her surgery was the next morning and if she could move it a little earlier. There was an intern there, Cristina Yang, a bunch of residents around her, trying to get in any of the surgeries. But she was sending all of them off. Natalie didn't pay much attention, knowing that interns acted weird sometimes, but then she heard her ordering the nurse to erase Natalie's name from one of her surgeries. "Oh, that's my humpty surgery." Natalie pointed out.

"Dr. Turner." Cristina only then noticed the older doctor standing there. She felt bad for what she was doing, but she had to do it, for the man she thought she loved. "Don't worry Dr. Burke will handle this. Since he is back now he needs few more surgeries to get back on the game, you understand right."