Part 9

Mias POV:
He looked up at me and smiled, taking his headphones out and suddenly changing his mood.
'Stop this.' I said.
'What?' He replied.
'Stop pretending for me. What happened?' I asked him, sitting besides him on the floor. He rested his head on my shoulder and looked at the door I had just come in through.
'I don't know. I just don't like interviews sometimes.' He said.
'Please.' I sighed, turning to face him. He looked shocked, and continued to stare at the door.
'There was just this one guy and he was being weirdly nice to me. And kept just digging and digging. And asking me questions about us.' He began. I didn't reply, I kept my hand firmly on his face, forcing him to look at me.
'But then I realised he wasn't wearing a badge. Or a lanyard, he didn't have a camera, or a notebook.' Phil whispered.
I tensed up and he kissed my head.
'How could I be so stupid?' He said, turning from me and smacking the wall.
'Stop it, you weren't to know.' I whispered.
'Curtis was right there, and I just fed him what he wanted.' Phil said.
'You didn't. You've said the same to everyone Phil please just calm down.' I asked of him.
'I beat the shit out of him.' He said in a low tone.
'Please tell me you're joking.' I warned.
I looked down at his hands to see they were scuffed and slightly bleeding.
'You're not gonna be allowed to play today.' I said, putting my head in my hands.
'Did you just expect me to let him walk out?' He asked in disbelief. I didn't reply. I didn't know what I wanted.
'Is Jesse here yet?' I asked. Phil shrugged.
'It's gonna be on tv you know this right. It's gonna be everywhere.' I said, bouncing my knee up and down.
'Babe it'll be okay I promise.' He said, opening his arms and pulling me close to him.
'Come with me we need to clear your hands up.' I said, helping him up from the floor.

Just as we were walking to the bathroom, i saw my brother from the corner of my eye and pulled Phil into a doorway. Our bodies were close together and he looked down at me, smiling.
'What's with this little performance?' He winked.
'Shhh.'
'I can see you.' Jesses voice echoed down the hall. Phil stepped out from the doorway and I followed, making sure I did not let go of his hand.
'Mia why are you bleeding?' Jesse asked me, rushing towards me and grabbing my hands.
'Oh, I'm not. Phil is, he had a fight with Curtis.' I said in a hurry, trying to get the whole story out before my brother interrupted.
'He's here?' He asked, I saw his mood change instantly.
'He's gone.' Phil added.
Jesse nodded and held his hand out to him. I looked between the boys and I saw Phil smile as Jesse took his hand and shook it firmly.
'Thank you.' My brother said softly. Phil nodded.
'I'll see you soon Jesse I've got to go and sort Phil's hands out.'
We waved to my brother and turned the corner quickly, making sure we didn't run into anymore of the clueless players. He sat down on the side and waited for me to grab tissue, holding it lightly over his knuckles. He sucked air through his teeth as it began to sting. I carried on applying pressure and he moved his other hand to my arm, squeezing it tightly.
'Nearly done.' I whispered, moving it to his other hand. He tensed once more but after a few seconds the pain began to dim. I threw the tissue in the bin and looked up at him.
'All better.' I whispered.
'Thank you.' He smiled, moving his hand to my waist.
'We better go.' I said, adjusting my hair in the mirror. He jumped down and put his hand on my face, pulling me to him.
'Kiss me.' He begged.
'What?' I asked in shock.
'Kiss me.' He repeated, mocking the time we had first met in the men's toilets.

@MLingard

Liked by JesseLingard, PhilFoden, MasonMount, England and 576k others @MLingard: come on boys❤️View all 341k comments@KyleWalker: for u bae x~no bae you do it for you xxx@PhilFoden: you one sexy mf~hey behave @MasonMount: oh fuck ~ ;) @England: 🏴...

@MLingard: come on boys❤️
View all 341k comments
@KyleWalker: for u bae x
~no bae you do it for you xxx
@PhilFoden: you one sexy mf
~hey behave
@MasonMount: oh fuck
~ ;)
@England: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿❤️
~love you all xx
@JesseLingard: COME ON BOYS
@MarcusRashford: I love you
~I love you rashy

I put my phone in my pocket and sat, waiting for the game to start. Phil wasn't allowed to play, as I expected, and he disappeared as soon as the game started. I sat with Mason and Bukayo on the bench, watching in silence.
'We're okay love don't worry.' Mason smiled, squeezing my hand.
'I know.' I whispered.
'Where did Phil go? I wanted to speak to him, you know, before I went on?' Bukayo asked, I could hear nerves in his voice.
'I don't know. I'll try and find him.' I sighed, standing up and squeezing his hand. I ran through the tunnel and into the now silent waiting area. There was nobody around, but I heard noise in the dressing room. I opened the door, expecting to see Phil alone. He was with a girl. They both moved away from eachother at the noise of the door, and he looked at me, tears in his eyes.
'I came to find you, because Bukayo is stressed. Go and speak to him.' I said, ignoring what I had just walked in on. He walked towards me slowly and I moved out of the way.
'You, get out. You bitch.' I said, lowly, to the girl. I called security and made sure they took her from the stadium. Phil, still watching me, grabbed both of his hands and looked at the floor.
'Just go and speak to him.' I said, dismissing the idea of any further conversation.
'I think I need to explain myself to you.' He begged.
'I don't care Phil. Go now, we're done.' I whispered. He reached for my hand and I didn't let him take it. I walked ahead of him to the bench and sat besides Mason, trying to hide any emotion I was feeling.
'Hey darling are you okay?' He asked me, clutching my hand. I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder, making sure not to show the cameras I was upset. Phil looked over at me and then to the floor.
'Come for lunch with me after?' Mason asked. I nodded and he smiled.