11

Today, you both come again to watch my physical therapy. Your gazes are much more relaxed now that I can help myself.

And all these times, I've tried really hard to not see you, but you're always next to the person that I want to see. When I see her, I also see you. When I want to be with her, you're also there. Your gentleness, attention, expectations are so intoxicating.

"Papa, I can give him the bottle," the little person takes the water bottle form your hand and brings it to me. She smiles, "Here. You've done well today."

"Thank you. You speak so well," I take the bottle from her hands. Then she runs back to you even though I want to be near her longer.

The physical therapist says to me, "Well, I hope to see you again in six months for the check in. You've done well in the past three weeks."

"Thank you. I was able to do it because of you and my daughter. Then, I'll see you again in six months."

She leaves, and I am able to see a glimpse of my daughter as she drags you elsewhere. I sigh and return to my room. I prepare to check out tomorrow but I made sure you didn't know about it. Because if you come with our daughter tomorrow, I will leave with you.

Even if things are to work out, I think some times apart is necessary on my end. I need my resolve to be with you to be stronger than to not be with you.

While I am contemplating whether to leave the fake flowers behind, the door opens and a little person rush in with a pouty face. She confronts me, "Why did you leave? Can't you wait for me so we can come up together?"

"I'm sorry. I'm completely in the wrong," I chuckle. "I will try my best to not do it again."

"Good. Now, papa asked me to ask you when you'll be released."

I roll my shoulders forward and look up at your guilty face. I answer her, "Soon."

"I guess papa and I just have to come everyday until we can go home together... Um, when we go home, I'll sleep with papa and you can sleep in my room."

"I won't steal your room. There are plenty of rooms for me," I smile at her flushed cheeks.

She turns to look at you and waves for me to lower my head. She whispers, "It's okay. You can sleep on my room. I want to sleep with papa. He's having a lot of nightmares."

My eyes widen and look up at your innocent smile. I give her a nod but I don't plan to move back in so soon.

"Papa, he agrees to sleep in my room. Now I'll sleep with you, okay?"

"Okay," you answer her and pick her up. She is comfortable in your arms which I am very envious of. I want to hold her too. I want to kiss her and tell her I love her.

You and our daughter stay for lunch in the cafeteria, and then you both leave for the day.

The next morning, I check out of the hospital and leave for our company headquarter. When I got there, no one seems to know who I am. I can't even go onto the elevator and see my office.

I call Penny. He explains, "Sorry. If I've known you were going there, I would've told you everything. I left there three months after you were hospitalized because I..."

"It's okay. You don't have to explain your reasonings for leaving. I'll hire a lawyer to take care of things on my end. It's nice talking to you, Penny."

"If there is anything I can help, please tell me."

"Yes. I will. Bye-bye."

I sigh and ride back to the house in an Uber. I stop on the other side of the street as I watch your lover come out of our house and welcome you and our daughter in the driveway.

My heart aches. I can only shut my eyes and ask the driver to leave immediately. I go to the apartment I've prepare with Penny ahead of time.

That day, I sit in silence in that apartment with my stomach growling, but I have no appetite to eat a single bite.

The only productive thing I do is calling a well known law firm to handle my case. I want to know why I'm not in the system, why am I erased from the system, how much of the shares do I still hold, and whether or not I can claim the entire corporation for myself.

A lawyer and her assistant come over the next day to discuss plans and evidences. It's almost lunchtime, so I order us lunch.

When I go to answer the door, I see a pouty child in your arms and two bags on either side of you. The place between your brows knit tightly together as your whole face explains how disappointed you are.

"Hello. How can I be of help?" I close the door behind me.

"Why didn't you wait for me?" My daughter's red lips quiver as bitter tears form and fall from her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I had other things to attend to. I didn't want my things to inconvenient you," I offer a guilty smile but my heart is torn apart by those tears. "Don't cry anymore, okay? I'll bring you some facial tissues."

"No. I want to get them myself." She climbs off you and pulls down the doorknob while on her tippy toes. Then she stands still, glaring at the people inside my apartment.

I kneel beside her, "Would you like to blow your nose and wipe your cheeks in my bedroom?"

She nods and follows me into the bedroom while dragging you behind her. Once her face is a little brighter, she says to me, "Who are those people? Why are they in your home?"

"I—Um... I asked them to help me with something. I'll ask them to leave. Can you wait here a bit for me? I'll be right back."

She nods and watches me closely as I return to the living area. I ask them to leave just as the food is delivered. They each take their portion.

While I am cleaning up the loose papers, I hear strong but tiny steps coming out of my bedroom. She moves in front of me, "What's mommy doing?"

"Mommy?"

"Darling, you call him daddy," you swiftly walk from behind me and grab our daughter for a talk.

"Why can't I call him mommy? He's my mama but also daddy. Mami sounds weird so he's mommy! I can't call him papa because you're papa, papa," she purses her lips to a side. She pushes you away and returns to me, "I'm right to call you mommy, yes?"

Somehow to keep my teeth from showing, I am grinning from cheek to cheek. I hold out my arms, and my daughter jumps onto me. I pat her soft hair, "Yes. My little girl is absolutely right. Papa is papa, so mama who is also daddy is mommy and not mami. Mommy is so proud of you."

She chuckles and places her head on my shoulder, "Then me, mommy, and papa live together. We are family."