40

* * *
3 months later

Nia
9:48 A.M.
Airport

I finally came out into arrivals and waited for Michael. I spent six months waiting and now we were finally here. I was a little scared about how easy is was going to be to adjust to the schedule Michael and Jeremiah were in. Michael's car pulled up right in front of me and he got out to put my suitcase in the back before I got in the passenger seat.

I looked back to see Jeremiah. "Hey!" I smiled and waved. "Hey," he smiled. Michael got omg he front and quickly pulled off. "Back with my boys," I smiled. Everyone was quiet. "Why are we so quiet?" I looked back and forth. There was so much tension in the air. "Want to tell her Jeremiah?" Michael said in a stern tone.

"Uh, I've been getting bullied, at school," Jeremiah replied. "He's been getting bullied for six months and didn't tell me until we were on the way to see you," Michael said. "Wait...who's bullying you? I fight moms," I said. "Uh, these boys. I hesitated to say anything because they threatened to tell the whole school that I had sex with Angel if I tell someone," Jeremiah explained.

"Oh, so they're bullying you over Angel. Does she know?" I asked. "No," Jeremiah shook his head. "Hey my advice for now is to be nice to them. Compliment their hair, shoes, anything. It will catch them off guard. If that doesn't work, I'm either fighting their moms or taking it to administration," I explained. "I'll try what you said," Jeremiah nodded his head. "Good," I said.

I could see Michael was still tense because he had his mouth shut tightly and his giro on the steering wheel was nearly breaking it off. "Calm down," I whispered to him. The most he did was loosen his grip
on the steering wheel a little.

* * *

10:38 A.M.
Houston

"Mike, calm down," I massaged his back. He was still tense from all that went on earlier. "Does he not like me? What did I do?" Michael asked. "You are doing an amazing job, Mike. He really likes you Mike, I know he does," I told him. "Why does he tell you things but not me?" Michael asked.

"I don't know Mike, but don't let it get you down. You held it down for six months while I was away. I don't think I could have ever handled that," I said. We were now both on the bed. Michael sat on the edge, running his forehead, while I sat on my legs behind him, massaging his shoulders.

Three quiet knocks were placed on our bedroom door. "Come in," Michael said. Jeremiah slowly opened the door and sat down next to us. "What's up?" I asked Jeremiah. "I wanted to say sorry for not telling you Mr. Jordan," Jeremiah sighed. "It's okay," Michael sighed.

"Why didn't you tell Angel?" Michael asked. "She would have went to administration and the boys were going to tell the whole school that she had seed with me. There's a guy she likes and I just don't want to ruin it for her," Jeremiah explained. I smiled at his ability to be so caring. "I understand," Michael replied.

"How about you and Mr. Jordan unpack some boxes together while I give myself a tour?" I suggested. And before any of them could reply, I left the room.

* * *

Michael
10:45 A.M.
Houston

"Why don't you feel like you can come to me about your feelings?" I asked Jeremiah. "It's not that I don't feel like I can but it's that I just need time to adjust. We went from you being my therapist to you being my dad. It's just a lot," Jeremiah said. "I get that," I nodded my head.

Jeremiah started to unpack a box with my name on it. "Aw is this you?" he held up a picture. It was a picture of my mom, dad, and I when I was a couple months old. "Yeah," I nodded. "You were so tiny," Jeremiah said. "Yeah, I was," I chuckled.