Chapter 8 ~ Nico gets an injury and Mipha's Grace breaks

Annabeth POV

I made sure to keep an eye on Leo after the little stunt he pulled.

I kept him in front of me so I could watch him from behind.

He was talking to Zelda and apologizing a lot.

Percy was behind me, talking to Mipha and bombarding her with questions about her people.

Nico and Will were holding hands and talking to Daruk.

Revali was taunting Link about something stupid.

I decided to talk to Urbosa.

I walked up next to her. "Hi."

She looked at me. "Hello. Annabeth, right?"

I nodded. "I was wondering about the place you live in. Where is it? What is it like? What about your divine beast? Is it big? What about you? Do you have any powers like Mipha and Revali? Does Daruk have any powers too?"

Urbosa chuckled. "Slow down."

"Sorry. I just get curious."

"Well, I live in Gerudo town and it's in the desert." Urbosa began. "We're an all women tribe and we don't allow men. It's a beautiful place. I'm proud to lead such a strong town. My divine beast is a camel and it's gigantic. Daruk and I do have powers. Would you like me to demonstrate?"

"Yes please!" I said eagerly.

Urbosa snapped her fingers and a lightning bolt struck the ground not too far away from Daruk, Nico, and Will.

Will jumped out of the way, dragging Nico with him and rolling a bit down the hill in a mess of limbs and yells.

Daruk crouched and a red glowing light made a sphere around him like a shield.

"My power is called Urbosa's fury and his is Daruk's protection."

"Urbosa! Why'd you do that?!" Daruk yelled.

Urbosa started laughing and I joined in and Percy joined in, then Leo, then Daruk, and soon, everyone but Revali, Will, and Nico was laughing. Even Link managed a small smile.

Will managed to ungangle himself from nico, who was laying face down in the dirt.

Will flipped him over and I heard him suck in a breath.

He turned to us and ran back up the hill.

He ran over near Daruk and picked up his first aid kit that he had dropped.

I followed him down the hill to Nico's motionless body.

"Oh gods." I said when I saw him.

"Don't panic." Will said in a panicked voice. "Just a minor head injury."

It didn't look very minor.

Nico had blood dripping from his cheek, where a sharp rock must've cut him(Will had many of those injuries). His lip was busted and his arm looked broken, but that wasn't the worst of it. Blood was dripping from his forehead where a massive cut was.

"He must've hit his head on a rock." Percy said, coming up behind me.

"Yeah, thanks, mr. obvious." Revali grumbled from behind Percy.

"We have to get him to Goron City as soon as possible." Will said. "How much further?"

"Right over the hill, there's another hill that'll bring us to the city." Daruk said, coming up behind Leo. "Why don't you have mipha heal him?"

"Oh." Will said. "I didn't think of that. Can she?"

"Of course." Mipha said, kneeling down next to Nico.

She hovered her hand over his face and a faint glow lit up his scratches, making them look worse than they already were.

I held my breath, waiting for them to heal, but they never did.

Mipha looked confused and moved her hand to Nico's arm, her face twisted with concentration. His arm didn't snap back into place.

"I- I don't understand." Mipha said. "It's not working."

"We can figure that out later." I said. "We need to get Nico to Goron City. Now."

Daruk gently picked up Nico. "Let's go."

A/N: sorry it's so short. I'm back from vacation and I'll work on this more!

Thanks for reading!