Chapter 3 ~ Questions

I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS. THEY ALL BELONG TO EITHER THE MAKERS OF ZELDA OR RICK RIORDAN.

Nico's POV

"No."

The blond-haired girl looked startled at my answer when she asked what our names were. "Pardon me?"

"I said no." I replied. "Not until you tell us your names."

Will put his hand on my arm. His touch made my skin tingle. "It's alright, Death boy." He whispered.

I sighed. "Fine. My name is Nico diAngelo."

"I'm Will Solace, his boyfriend."

"I'm Percy Jackson."

"Annabeth Chase, his girlfriend."

"AND IM BAD BOY SUPREME-"

"He's Leo Valdez." I cut in. "Just ignore him. It's better to just pretend he's not there."

"You never let me have any fun." Leo grumbled.

"and your names are...?" Percy prompted.

"Ah." The blond girl said. "I'm Princess Zelda."

Leo's eyes widened. "Oh. Are we supposed to, like, bow or something?"

Zelda chuckled and shook her head. "No. It's fine." She paused. "Just don't tell my father I said that."

I looked at the other blondie. "And who are you?"

The boy looked at Zelda, and she frowned, "that's Link. He doesn't speak."

"So he's mute?" Annabeth asked.

The princess frowned. "I'm not sure what that means."

"Basically it means he chooses not to speak."

"Yes. He's like that."

"Can you tell us where we are?" Will asked.

"This is Hyrule field." Zelda explained.

"What part of the world are we in, I mean." Will amended.

Zelda frowned. "This is Hyrule. You aren't from around here, are you? I heard you say something about Master Kogha bringing you here?"

Leo nodded. "That fat dude brought us here from America."

"Where?"

I started to get a little frantic. How could they not know about America. "Do you know about the gods and goddesses?"

"Of course. We have Hylia, Din, Farore, and Nayru."

"Those aren't Greek gods." Annabeth muttered.

"Have you ever heard of New York? LA? San Francisco?!" Percy practically screamed.

The princess started looking overwhelmed by all of our questions. "I-I'm sorry, no."

I heard Percy fall to his hands and knees. "Oh gods no."

"Percy it's alright." Annabeth soothed. "We'll find a way out of this."

She helped Percy to his feet. "You're right." He said. "If we could make it out of Tar- that place, then we can make it out of this place."

Percy mentioning that hellish place sent a shiver down my spine.

"Well, first of all, we need to find shelter." Annabeth said, looking at the setting sun. "I guess time is different here. Normally it would be in the middle of the night."

"I can bring you to the castle." Zelda offered. "You'll be safe there."

The demigods obliged and followed her to the looming castle.

On our way, she explained what those spider things were to Leo. "Those are guardians. They will help protect us from calamity ganon when he returns."

"Calamity ganon?" I asked. "Who's that?"

"A powerful evil that has been reborn time and time again to take over hyrule. But each time he is reborn, a hero wielding the legendary sword that seals the darkness defeats ganon."

"So, who wields the sword?" Percy asked.

She paused for a moment. "Link." She said in a sad voice.

I took a closer look at the silent boy's sword. It radiated some kind of strong power.

Looking into the distance, I saw I a giant bird-looking thing. "What's that?"

Zelda saw where I was pointing. "That's Vah Medoh, one of the four divine beasts that will also help us defeat calamity ganon."

"Divine beasts?"

"The divine beasts are Vah Medoh, the bird, piloted by Revali of the Rito, a bird-like race, Vah Naboris, the camel, piloted by Lady Urbosa of the Gerudo, a tribe of only women, Vah Rudania, the salamander, piloted by Daruk of the Gorons, a humanoid, rock-eating race, and finally Vah Ruta, the elephant, piloted by Mipha of the Zoras, an aquatic race of fish people.

At the mention of fish people Percy perked up. "I want to meet the fish people!" He said.

"I want to see the volcano." Leo said. "I've been curious about if my fire-proofness extends to lava as well."

"Fire-proof?" Zelda asked curiously.

"It's complicated." Percy said hurriedly. "We'll tell you tomorrow."