Chapter 8

!!!TW: BULLYING AND TRANSPHOBIA!!!

I'm gonna make it super mild cause there's gonna be something y'all are gonna love at the end :)

Christmas eve has finally arrived for Kaito and Kokichi. The two had went through their daily routines, brushing their teeth and making breakfast. As for Kokichi's feelings towards Kaito...

They were still messy.

Kaito held Bean while he watched the smaller boy make breakfast. "Should we go out and play in the snow today?" Kaito suggests.

Kokichi nods. "Oh definitely. I'm going to destroy you in a snowball fight," Kokichi says as he finishes making breakfast. He takes the kitten away from Kaito and sits on the couch. Under their tree were various presents from their friends who had come by in the previous days to drop them off.

Kokichi played with Bean while Kaito ate at the table. The small purple haired boy smiled at the kitten who pawed at his nose. "Oh yeah?" Kokichi challenged, tapping Bean's nose gingerly. Bean pawed at his hand in response.

"What are my boys up to?" Kaito muttered, bending down to speak in Kokichi's ear.

Kokichi blushed and turned to punch Kaito's shoulder. "Stop doing that!!"

"Doing what?" Kaito asked.

"Th-that!! The mumbling in my ear bullshit!" Kokichi put his hand over Kaito's mouth and pushed his face away.

"How come?" Kaito asked, oblivious as always, grabbing Kokichi's hand and pulling it slowly away from his mouth.

Kokichi rolled his eyes and took his hand back. "Do we have to go to Miu's dumb party thing?" Kokichi whined, changing the subject.

"Uh, duh. Shes your best friend. I'm just tagging along because Shuichi and Kaede said they'd be going," Kaito said, flicking Kokichi's forehead.

Kokichi rolled his eyes. "Ugh!! But I hate parties!!" There was another reason that he didn't want to go but that was for him to know and Kaito to never find out.

Kaito rolled his eyes. "Come on. We have time for a Christmas movie before we have to get ready to leave. What are we putting on?" Kokichi walked over to the couch as someone knocked on the door.

"Nightmare before Christmas," Kokichi says, walking to the door. He opened it to see Kaede holding a tin container. ".........what do you want?"

"Don't be rude, Ouma." Kaito waved to Kaede and the girl waved back.

"I made you guys cookies!" She says, holding up the tin.

"Aww thanks Kaede!!" Kaito says. Kaede hands the tin to Kokichi.

"I'll see you two at the party!" Kaede says as she heads back to her car. Kokichi close the door without saying anything back and flopped back down onto the couch by Kaito, putting the cookie tin between the two. He sat close to Kaito and the astronaut pulled the blanket around them. Kokichi grabbed his side of the bracket and helped to pull it around them. The two watched the movie in comfortable silence while Bean went back to sleep.

⋆☆★☆⋆

Kokichi walked out of his room in a white suit with a bright purple undershirt, the collar of it folded out neatly. He left his blazer unbuttoned, showing the white vest he wore over the purple undershirt. He, of course, wore his scarf as well. He styled his hair a little differently, messing with the hair that hung in front of his face.

Kaito's suit contrasted Kokichi's in color, his vest and pants being a deep maroon and his blazer a grey and black. He had a small star pin on his blazer, as well as wearing a bright purple tie that nearly matched Kokichi's undershirt in color. The only resemblance in color Kaito's outfit has to Kokichi's was his undershirt being an off white color. Kaito, of course, wore his blazer incorrectly, using only one of the sleeves to out his arm through and letting the other side of the blazer hang loosely off of his shoulders.