Chapter 6

!!!TW: TRANSPHOBIA, MENTIONS OF ALCOHOLISM!!!

Kokichi threw his things in the car and sat in the passenger seat. Kaito climbed in on the opposite side, putting the keys in the ignition. "You ready?" Kaito asked.

"Psh yeah I'll be fine. It's just a few days," Kokichi lied easily, shrugging. He folded his arms behind his head and leaned back against the seat after buckling his seatbelt. Kaito once again tried to see through his lie but couldn't and sighed stubbornly.

"Remember, you can call me if things go wrong. I gave you my number-"

"Yeah yeah I got it I got it stop talking your stupid voice hurts my ears," Kokichi sighed, letting his arms fall down into his lap.

Kaito rolled his eyes and let out a slightly annoyed sigh. "Fine. Give me the address and we'll go."

⋆☆★☆⋆

Kokichi stepped out of the car and yawned. "Thanks," is all he says as he grabbed his bag.

Kaito nodded and grinned at the small purple haired boy. "No problem! Give me a call when you need me to come and get you!" Kaito reminds again.

Kokichi just nodded and grabbed his backpack from the back seat and walked towards the door. He stood in front of it, hesitating. He shook his head and knocked on the door.

After a few moments, a taller female opened the door looked down at Kokichi. She smiled. "Hey bro," she said quietly, making sure their parents didn't hear.

"Hey Marci," he replied, stepping inside past her.

He gripped the backpack strap as a small girl ran up to him. "Hi Kichi!!" She said excitedly, jumping up to hug him. Kokichi smiled and stooped down to pick her up, holding her.

"Shhhh you gotta be quiet or mom and dad will hear," Kokichi said, putting a finger to his lips

The small girl nodded and copied Kokichi, putting a finger to her lips. "Kichi I drew you something!" She whispered.

Kokichi raised a brow. "Oh yeah, what did you draw Yua?"

The small girl hopped out of Kokichi's arms and ran out of the kitchen. Marci and Kokichi waited patiently for the girl. She soon ran back and showed Kokichi the drawing. It was a crayon drawing of a figure in blue clothing with a scribble of purple atop its head, most likely Kokichi. On one side of him was a taller figure in red with a mess of black on its head, some of it going over its eye. On the other side was a smaller figure with shirt brown hair and in a pink dress.

Kokichi held the drawing and smiled. "Awww this is so good, Yua," he says.

"Its for when you go away again! So you can remember us!" Yua says.

"Aw I would never forget about you guys," Kokichi says. He stuck the paper in his backpack carefully so he didn't mess it up. "But thank you I love the drawing."

"Kaori? Oh you're finally here," a tall woman said, poking her head into the kitchen. Kokichi flinched a bit but looked up at the woman.

"Hey mom," he says, waving.

"Will you be staying for dinner? I'm making a casserole," she said, digging through the fridge for the ingredients.

"Well that was the plan. I was gonna stay here for a few days for the holidays," Kokichi shrugged.

She smiles and opens his arms. "Come here baby girl. Give me a hug," she says.

Kokichi smiled a little and walked over, wrapping his arms around his mom. She wrapped her arms around him in return. "There should be an open room next to Marci's. Marci, sweetie, show Kaori to her room," she says.

Marci nods and leads Kokichi out of the kitchen. "Dad has been super bitchy lately so make sure to avoid him as much as possible," Marci whispers. Kokichi nodded as the two arrived to the room.

Kokichi looked around the room and looked at Marci over his shoulder, opening his mouth.

"Yes you can stay in my room for the two days at most you'll probably be here," Marci says as if reading the boy's mind. Kokichi smiled and followed Marci to her room.

Inside the room was clean, unlike Kokichi's room back home. The walls were covered in various band posters and drawings from Yua.

"Pffft- edgy room," Kokichi teased. Marci punched his arm.

"Can it, gay boy! Anyways who was that guy who dropped you off? What happened to the blonde chick? Ooh!! Is he your boyfriend?!" Marci asks.

Kokichi blushed and hit Marci back. "Ew, no! He's not my boyfriend!!" Kokichi exclaimed.

Marci smirked. "Sure he's not," she said, folding her arms behind her head.

Kokichi rolls his eyes and set his bag down. "He's my new housemate," Kokichi says, sitting at his sister's desk chair.

"Oo fun. What's he like?" Marci asks.

Kokichi looks up at the ceiling, thinking. "Well.....kind of annoying...and loud......and dumb...." Kokichi says. "..but he's also pretty nice and funny sometimes," Kokichi smiled and shrugged. "Why do you ask?"

Marci snorted. "You're so gay Kichi-"

"You're still brainwashing people into calling you by that fake name?" A voice asked from the doorway.

Kokichi jumped, nearly falling out of the chair. He scrambled away and hid behind Marci.

"God dad would you just fucking leave him be?" Marci snapped, standing in front of the small boy.

"I don't have a son, Marci. I have a daughter and it's not my fault if she's too mentally ill to realise that."

"He's not mentally Ill, old man!" Marci snapped. She clenched her fists, ready to punch the old man if she had to. She had earned the title of ultimate bodyguard in her highschool days and is not afraid of showing her father exactly why.

"Marci let it go.." Kokichi muttered.

Marci looked back at Kokichi and sighed. She let her hands fall to her sides and glared at the man. "Get the hell out of my room."

"It's my house why should I be the one leaving?" The man sneered.

"Because I could easily kick your ass and put you 6 feet under now get. Out."

The man glared at the two and walked off.

After a few tense minutes, Kokichi's mother popped her head into the room and smiled apologetically. "Are you two alright? He's....drunk," the woman sighed

"When is he not?" Marci asked as Kokichi sat on her bed. "Keep your damn husband away from Kokichi or I'll really put his ass in a grave."

The woman flinched and nodded. "Yes...yes I understand. Dinner will be done soon."

⋆☆★☆⋆

Kokichi grabbed his bag from Marci's room and opened the window. "I'm heading back home, Marci," he says. "Tell Yu that there was an emergency at home and I had to leave."

Marci sighs and nods. "Later Kichi," the girl sighed.

Kokichi climbs out of the window and waved as Marci closed the window behind him. He walked away from the house and to a nearby Walmart. Kokichi pulled his phone out and texted Kaito.

---

Kaito Momota

I'm at Walmart.
Come get me. (read 9:37)

---

Kokichi slipped his phone in his pocket and sat down, waiting for Kaito's car to pull in.

Soon enough, it did just that and Kokichi watched Kaito pull up. He stood up, opening the passenger side door and threw his back pack in the backseat.

".......is everything okay?"

Kokichi leaned against Kaito and wrapped his arms tightly around the taller boy, though a bit awkwardly with the console in the middle. Kaito hugged back and rubbed the boy's back. "That's a no then," Kaito chuckled softly.