Chapter 7

Kokichi laid on the roof with Kaito and talked with him about what had happened at the house, wrapping a blanket tightly around him. The two were staring up at the sky, watching the stars while Kokichi struggled to hold back tears. Kaito could hear it in his voice but decided to say nothing, not wanting to make the boy's day worse than it had already been.

After listening to the events of Kokichi's day, Kaito glanced over at the boy. Kokichi had his back facing Kaito, his body trembling. "God that sounds awful. I'm......" Kaito was at a loss for words. He had never experienced anything like this. Or at least, not to this intensity. He wanted to comfort the boy but didn't know how. He turned his attention back up to the sky. He got an idea and sat up suddenly. "Come on Ouma! Let's head back inside!" Kaito grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

Kokichi, surprised at the sudden energy burst, wiped any tears from his face and yanked his hand away. "God don't touch me!"

Kaito was already climbing down the roof and Kokichi had no choice but to follow as he didn't wanna be left alone.

When he entered the house, Kaito was setting up his speakers around the living room. "What are you doing....?" Kokichi asked, crossing his arms as if trying to look intimidating.

"Let's dance!! I'll let you pick the music!" Kaito says. After not receiving an answer from Kokichi he smiled sheepishly and looked away, scratching his chin. "I usually listen to music when I'm feeling down. It usually cheers me right up," Kaito says happily. He looks at Kokichi, who gives him a blank and uninterested stare. "You know what? Th-this was stupid, I'll just-"

"Gimmie your phone. I refuse to listen to your music," Kokichi says, holding out his hand.

Kaito grinned, his mood instantly lifted, and handed Kokichi the phone. Kokichi opened YouTube and scrolled through before looking up a song. He pressed play and "I Threw Glass at my Friends Eyes and Now I'm on Probation" by Destroy Boys began playing from the speakers. Kaito raised a brow at Kokichi and the boy punched Kaito's arm, his cheeks flushing a soft pink. "Shut your mouth! It's better than the garbage you play!" Kokichi said.

Kaito rubbed his arm and shoved Kokichi away carefully. "Hey! I didn't say anything!" He whined.

Kokichi just flopped down on the couch and covered his face with his hands.

Kaito looked at the boy and tilted his head curiously. "What are ya doin' now?"

"Listening to the music and trying to block out your annoying voice!" Kokichi says, throwing a pillow at Kaito.

The pillow hit Kaito right in the face and flopped to the floor, leaving an irritated Kaito standing there. He picked up the pillow as Kokichi grabbed another and chased Kokichi around the house with it. "You little shit!!" Kaito yelled as he chased Kokichi, pillow raised over his head to hit him.

"Gah!! Stay away from me you weirdo!!" Kokichi yells, sliding across the hardwood floors of the hallway.

Kaito attempted to slide after him, but failed and ended up slipping and falling.

Kokichi looked at him on the ground and tried to contain his giggles, failing and bursting into laughter as he looked at the astronaut on the ground.

Kaito smirked at him and grabbed his ankle, pulling him down as well. "GAH!!" Kokichi exclaimed as he was yanked down to the floor next to the magenta haired boy.

Kaito laughed at him, holding his sides. "Pffft- what was that?!" Kaito laughed.

Kokichi smacked him in the face with his pillow. "Rude!!" He says, standing up. He smiled as he tried to hold back laughter and opened the fridge. "What did you eat for dinner? All I've had today was my mom's garbage casserole and I crave real food," Kokichi said, rubbing his back as it hurt from the fall.

"Uhhhh.......I forgot to eat dinner," Kaito said nervously.

Kokichi shut the fridge door. "You dumbass! How the hell do you survive without me?" Kokichi grumbled, looking through the cabinet for something to cook for the two of them. "And you get on my ass for not eating. Damn hypocrite."

"Hey I can hear you ya know!" Kaito whined jokingly. He headed into the living room to grab his phone and turn off the music.

Kokichi opened the rice cooker and decided to make fried rice with the leftovers. Kaito sat up on the counter and watched Kokichi make the fried rice.

Kokichi seemed annoyed by this, but said nothing, paying attention to cooking the rice so it wouldn't burn. "Its done. Come make yourself a plate," Kokichi sighs, putting the wooden spoon he used away.

Kaito piled some rice onto his plate and leaned against the opposite counter while Kokichi made his own plate.

After a moment of silence from the magenta haired boy, he said, "Hey Ouma this is really good! I wouldn't mind you cookin' for me like this every day!"

Kokichi blushed a soft shade of pink at what the taller boy might've been implying and was glad that his back was facing him. "..shut up you idiot," Kokichi said, hopping backwards onto the counter. Kaito raised a brow, confused by the boy's answer but shrugged and continued eating. "Fucking himbo," Kokichi muttered, digging into his own food.

"H-hey!" Kaito exclaimed. "I'm not a himbo!!"

"Yeah sure. And I'm not a liar," Kokichi replied around a mouth full of food.

Kaito threw a towel at Kokichi and Kokichi threw it back as he finished his food. He put his dishes in the sink after Kaito and rinsed them off so they wouldn't be too hard to wash in the morning.

When Kaito wasn't paying attention, Kokichi cupped his hands under the water flow and threw the water at Kaito. He made a quick escape, with Kaito following closely after him. "OUMA!!" He shouted.

"Nishishi~!" Kokichi laughed as he slid down the hall and ran into the living room. He was almost able to trick Kaito and run around him, but the older boy grabbed him by the waist and tackled him to the floor.

Kokichi's face went red when he realized the position they were in. Kaito had his arms wrapped around the smaller boy's waist while the two laid on the ground, gasping for air from having ran through the whole house.

"You're so dumb! Let me go, Momota!" Kokichi whined, trying to pry Kaito's arms off of him.

"Make me," Kaito challenged.

Kokichi blushed again and smacked Kaito's arms. "Let me go, dummy," he huffed. Kaito finally let go of Kokichi and he stood, brushing himself off while Kaito stayed on the floor. "I'm going to bed," Kokichi says.

"Night Kokichi!" Kaito called as Kokichi walked away to his own room.

Kokichi just waved and walked into his room, flopping down on the bed. He pushed a hand through his hair and flustered as he thought on how Kaito's voice sounded, how his breath felt on his ear, how his arms held him so close.

Kokichi couldn't get the stupid magenta haired boy out of his head and he buried his face under the covers. He couldn't possibly like the astronaut, could he?

Kokichi shook that thought out of his head and turned to face the wall. Of course not....he had just......had a weird day......that's all. He was just confused. Anyone would be flustered from being held like that. That's what Kokichi had decided on and that's what he was sticking to. Although the boy wouldn't admit it, he liked the way Kaito held him while they were there on the floor. He almost missed the feel of Kaito's arms around his waist.

Kokichi shook his head and pulled the blankets tightly around him, drifting off to sleep.