~Chapter 9~

I wake up with a deep breath. What the shuck did I just dream. At first it was a normal memory but it quickly changed into a horrible nightmare. I am breathing heavy and can't calm down. I stand up and leave my room because I don't want to wake up Teresa. My feet automatically carry me to Minhos room and now I am standing infront of his door with my hand on the opener. I enter his dark room. It's quiet, sometimes you can hear a little breath from him sleeping. I regret my choice of coming to him, I don't want to wake him up but it's too late. "Y/n? Is it you?" He asks still sleepy. "Yeah. Sorry for waking you up. I will just go." I say quietly, kind of embarrassed. "Hell no. You didn't come here for no reason. You stay!" With that he pads next to him on the bed. I run over to him and lay next to Minho. Through his window is a little bit moonlight shining in the room, just enough for him to see the tears on my cheek. "Oh my god Y/n!" He pulls me into him with my head on his chest and his arms around me. "A nightmare?" He asks. I nod. "Shhh. It's okay. It was just a dream. It's over. Wanna tell me 'bout it?" I take a few deep breaths and pop myself on my elbows to look him in the eyes, then tell him what happened. "You were...were dead. No you were dying and I couldn't do anything. And I...I was the reason for that. I'm sorry!" He hugs me even tighter. "It's okay princess. I am here and I promise I will never leave you. I will find a way out of here for you and will always be by your side. Don't worry!" I start sobbing. He lightly strokes my hair. I slowly calm down. He can calm me down in seconds just by stroking my hair or hugging me. That's why I love him so much. He is the sass king and so sarcastic but also very caring and he would do everything to safe the people he loves. I am trying to fall back to sleep but it's impossible. "Hey...ehm Minho?" "Yes Y/n?" "I can't sleep." I know it's childish but maybe he can help me. "Follow me!" He says and pulls me up with him. On the way to the door he grabs a sweater of him and gives it to me. "It may be cold" Without hesitation I put it on and it smells so good. Exactly like him. He takes my hand and our fingers crossed each others. It feels great to wear his clothes and holding his hand. He leads me outside homestead and we are walking over to the watch tower. He climbs up and then helps me. Once we are on top, he let himself fall backwards so he is laying on his back. I lay down next to him and we are looking at the stars. "It's beautiful Minho. Thank you!" I say while still looking at the stars. He pops himself on his elbows and put a hair strand behind my ear. "Only the best for my princess!" I giggle. Oh god, I'm falling deeper for him every second. I move my head so that I'm laying on his chest and his hot breath is meeting my neck. It gives me goosebumps. I cuddle closer to him to feel his warm body because it's a cold night. Surprisingly I fall asleep very fast. For the rest of the night I don't have any nightmares.
"Minho! Where are you mate?! MINHO!" I wake up by voices shouting for Minho. I don't want to open my eyes instead I want to fall back to sleep. I feel my pillow moving but how is that possible. I jump up. My pillow is Minho. He laughs at my surprised face. "Morning princess! Did you sleep well?" He asks with his smirk. I hit his chest playfully. "MINHO! YOU SLINTHEAD!" We hear definitely Ben shouting. He sighs. "I'm on the watch tower. I come down in a few minutes!" He shouts back. No, Minho has to go back in the maze but I need him. Before I could say anything, he stands up and helps me up as well. He climbs down and I follow. At the bottom of the tree are Newt, Ben, Thomas and Alby waiting for him and well me but they didn't know I was with him. They look at us shooked. "Why were you with Y/n on the watch tower?" Asks Alby concerned. He always cares for me like I am his sister. "She had a nightmare." Tries Minho to defend him. "A nightmare? Ah ha!" Says Ben with a teasing voice. "I had a nightmare and Minho just helped me. Nothing happened and everyone is fine and can go back to work!" I explain. The boys nod. I don't care if they believe me or not because if I couldn't convince them now I will never be able to. I walk over to Frypan for breakfast and the boys including Minho follow me. We sit down at a table and start eating. Luckily we don't talk about last night. "Alright Tommy! We have to go. Bye!" Says Minho after breakfast. Ben and me walk Thomas and Minho to the gates. At the entrance I hug Minho tight and whisper in his ear. "Please don't leave me. I need you!" He tightens his grib around my waist and press his face deeper in my neck. His breath is tickling my skin there. "Don't worry Y/n. I have to go but I will come back to you. I will come back to you everytime. I'll never leave you!" I stop hugging him and look at him with hope in my eyes. "You promise?" He looks in my eyes and says "I promise!" I give him one last hug before letting him completely go. "Ben watch her today." He orders Ben next to me. They always watch me when they are not in the maze, they just want to protect me even if it's not necessary. But I can't deny that spending time with Minho is absolut great. Ben nod as answer to his best friend and put his arm around my shoulder. Then Minho and Tommy disappear in the dark maze. I look at the ground sadly. Today is something off, I can feel it. As if Ben could read my thoughts he says "They will come back. He promised it to his princess!" I get red and he just laughs. "Let's get the doctor to work!" He says while offering his back to carry me piggy back to the med-shack. I work until lunch and Ben never left my side. We talked and laughed. At lunch I see Teresa for the first time today because she tried all jobs and med jack will be her next. "Soo...what happened last night with Minho?" She asks while sitting down at the table. "I had a nightmare and went to him and he helped me." I say casually. "That's all? Not more? No details?" She answers disappointed. I sigh. Of course I tell her every detail she wanted to know. After lunch she comes with me to the med-shack. "Jeff!" I shout. "What's up little fighter?" He still calls me so. "Greenie for you!" I answer. He nod and lead Teresa in the storage to explain everything to her. I go back to my station and start cleaning. At some point Ben came back from lunch and fell asleep in a chair at the back of the room. His snoring is the only noice in the shack since today aren't many gladers hurt. At the end of the day comes Newt to me. He tripped over a root while working and fell bad on his hand. "Newt, you slinthead! Watch were you going." I say while cleaning his wound. He gives me a weak smile and goes back to work after thanking me. Short time after Clints tells me I could stop working. I jump up happily and take a sleepy Ben with me. "Y/n! Where are we going? I want to sleep again!" He complains as I pull him after me to the gate. "We are waiting for Minho and Thomas!" I am excited to see Minho again. I hate that he is a runner and gone all day. I worry about him everytime he leaves the glade. They are late today. I start getting impatient and pace infront of the open doors. Slowly every glader make their way over to me and Ben because the runner still aren't back. Them I hear the loud noice from the doors. They are closing! I look in the maze fast and see Minho and Tommy running towards us. Everyone encourages them to run faster.
"Gooo!"
"You can make it!"
"Hurry!"
I look at Minho and his beautiful face. "They are not gonna make it!" I hear Newt saying next to me. I look at him and then back at the running boys. Minho face says that he know he is not gonna make it back in time. I look at him shoked. Our gaze meet and he looks sad at me knowing he broke his promise. He will be stuck in the maze and no one survived a night in the maze. A few meters before the guys the door closed with a loud sound. They are stuck. "MINHO!" I let out a scream in pain and sadness. I fall to my knees and start crying. "No! No this can't be true! Minho! You promised!" I shout as loud as I could. I can hear his voice over the high walls from the maze. "I'm sorry princess. I really am!" I am speechless. Why did this have to happened. "Ben my mate?" I hear Minho again. "Yeah buddy?" Ben replays, scared what Minho will tell him. "Take care of my girl for me!" Minho says and I can hear he is close to crying. With this one sentence my world falls apart. He won't come back for me. I can't hear Bens answer because all I can hear is Minho saying "I'm sorry" and "Take care of my girl!" I can't believe he is gone. I cry non stop and slowly can't breath. "Minho" I whisper before falling to the ground completely. Ben rushes over to me immediately. He pulls me in his chest and whispers things in my ears but I can't hear them. I'm only focused on Minhos face when he smiles or when I fell while tripping over something. I remember all our good memories. I want to make much more with him but it's impossible. After hours of crying I can finally see again and not blurry. The other gladers left and it's only me and Ben left infront of the maze doors. He still holds me close to him and I look at him and see a few tears on his cheeks. He just lost his best friend and has to take care of his mates girl. I'm the girl. "It's okay Y/n. He will survive and come back to you like he promised!" I look at him surprised. "You think he will survive? No one ever survived!" I believe he just wants to give me hope but it's useless. But in Bens eyes is hope. "Y/n! No one ever survived because no one ever had the same motivation as him! He has a beautiful girl waiting for him to come home and he will come back for her. He promised her he will find a way out and he won't leave her. He never breaks his promises!" "He will come back for me!" I say rather to myself than anyone else.