Chapter 6: The start of a hunt.

Start from the beginning

"Oh" Felix said, lowering his head for a bit."why do you hate him that much? I mean he's your blood." Felix added unexpectedly.

Lucas then gave him a glare which startled Felix.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" Felix couldn't finish his apology as Lucas cuts him off.

"My cousin huh?" Lucas said, his eyes staring at his reflection in the window of the vehicle.

"I was once a captain of the 3rd death squad in the army of Qhoris." Lucas began, fiddling with his finger for a moment.

"Our whole purpose were infiltrating high-level threat enemy bases, cutting off enemy supply lines, assasinating high-ranking enemy generals, etc."

Lucas paused for a moment, clearing his throat before speaking.

"There was this particular mission my squad were called for, intel reads that we must liberate a village that was currently occupied by the coalition."

Lucas stated, his expression and voice filled with seriousness.

"We moved out early in the morning, and arrived at our target's location in mid-afternoon." Lucas explained.

"We killed all the soldiers guarding the village easily, I wondered why Qhoris would send a squad to capture a village whose specialty was operating in the shadows." Lucas stated plainly.

"But orders are orders and we would have to obey it, after killing the guards, we expected cheering and praises from the villagers."

Lucas paused, slowly cracking a smile before he continued.

"Instead we recieved insults and shits thrown in our faces, and that we bloody realized that the village were never really loyal to us in the first place."

Lucas then turned his gaze towards Felix.

"The soldiers we killed were only villagers transformed-militias that just wanted to protect their home from us."

Lucas sighed then turned his gaze back to the window.

"We tried to reassure them, saying we wouldn't hurt them annioud just we were only there to protect them." Lucas said, dropping his smile he once had earlier

"they didn't believe us, them guys started to throw rocks and becoming more violent, all only stopped after one of my guys had started beating up a fourteen year-old girl."

Lucas clenched his teeth before continuing.

"I proposed that we keep her hostage to keep the villagers in control, luckily he complied, he then got off from the poor girl's body." Lucas explained.

"The girl's name was Anna, she was personally under my custody in our whole stay there." Lucas stated, a smile forming on his face.

"I befriended her, we chatted all the time, Fed her, took care of her, at the end of the day, I managed to learn that she was an orphan, her parents were killed in the war."

A tear was forming on Lucas eye.

"Even with the bruises and swellings on her face, she.. she was the most perfect and purest person I've ever met." Lucas continued.

He then wipe the tears on his eyes.

"Eventually, we were told a unit was sent to treat the villagers, and we had to wait a day until they arrive in the village, I knew that Anna would be separated from me so I made a promise to her that they would take care of her once we would leave the village."

Lucas expression suddenly changed to an angry one, his fist clenching, and more tears started to form on his eyes again.

"I should have fucking known, it was the 6th death squad and it wasn't there to treat them, it was there to kill them."
Lucas said, his voice filled with venom.

"I then hid her in some old stable, told her to keep quiet while the 6th did their job outside, I may be used to killing and deaths, but I became uncomfortable as the villagers outside were lined up and gunned down, and I don't know why I felt that."

Lucas explained, his throat slowly becoming dry due to his sobbing and talking.

"At that time, she suddenly asks me an unexpected question." Lucas said, trying to wipe his tears from his eyes.

"She asked me if I loved her, and I told her yes, I don't know what's gotten into me that day, and I don't know why I told her that." Lucas explained, tears now stopped flowing from his eyes.

"She then starts crying and started yelling 'I love you Lucas.' repeatedly, giving away our position."

Lucas then suddenly remained silent after saying that, a minute had passed and he had not yet uttered a single word.

Felix was confused and unnerved at this, it's already a good story, why stop?

"So what'd happened? to her? after that?" Felix boldly asked.

Lucas then immediately sent Felix a cold glare.

"She's dead now." Lucas plainly replied, his expression blank.

Felix was shocked and at the same time not very surprised about it, he already assumed that's whats going to happen.

"I believe I've told you enough." Lucas said to Felix, indicating he's done with questions right now.

Felix then sighed at this and said;

"I never expected you to be emotional earlier, but then again I understand."
Felix said, "I'm sorry." he continued

Lucas then stared at him, a frown on his face.

"I don't need your pity." Lucas said.

Felix smirked at this, he really like this side of Lucas.

"What you' smiling at?" Lucas asked, a smile forming on his face.

But before Felix could respond, their radio suddenly came to life.

"Expedition beyond the gate officially starts today at current time, 1st CEBEG unit has the green lights now, go go!!" the voice in the radio said.

Lucas and Felix then stared at each other, with the former smiling and the latter shrugging.

Lucas then proceeds to grab his radio and switched it to his unit's frequency.

"This is captain Lucas, start your engines now, the expedition has officially began." Lucas ordered.

Thus the 1st Coalition-expeditionary beyond-the-gate unit/CEBEG had finally and officially entered the gate.

A/N: Chapter done... Hope you like it!!