028

narrative, messages:

"vinnie what?"

"there's no way he's going to continue treating you like shit after you guys are already broken up! and he sure as hell won't do it at my party! alex!"

"vinnie stop it you're drunk!"

"so?"

"so, you're going to regret this all tomorrow morning please don't!"

vinnie looked at jade, trying to read how she was feeling.

he huffed, "no."

vinnies long and fast strides were way too fast for jade to catch up. they were moving their way in between the crowds of people.

"alex! alex where the fuck are you?" vinnie called out.

"who's calling my name?"

"me."

shit, jade thought to herself. why are there so many people here. i can hear them but i can't see them.

jade found her way to the front of the crowd. there were people in a circle watching vinnie and alex argue.

"you come here to my party, i don't even like you bro, you bring the girl that you cheated on your girlfriend with, rub all up on each other, and then you make one of my best friends upset? hell no. who the fuck do you think you are?"

"who even are you bro?" alex laughed, "what are you jades new boyfriend?"

"nah. but if i were i'd treat her ten times fucking better than you ever did."

"you better watch your fucking mouth man."

"oh yeah? or what?"

the two boys, vinnie and alex were now chest to chest. their stares were like lasers, they could put wholes through eachother if they held eye contact any longer.

"vinnie," jade spoke.

he looked over at her then back at alex.

"come on vinnie let's go."

it was like a switch flipped inside vinnies mind. "goodnight alex," vinnie said with a smile.

jade and vinnie walked up the stairs and led her to his bedroom.

jade sat down on his bed and vinnie plopped down after her. he was laying on his back and jade was looking at him. there weren't many thoughts on what had just happened. just the occurring question, why did vinnie care so much?

"thank you vinnie."

"i told you i'd always be here for you."

"well, whenever people tell me that they never fully mean it."

vinnie sat up, "i'm not a liar."

"i know that now."

"do you see why no one likes him?"